The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Just thinking about the thread title here again - we came up against a team with more European experience than us, with a bigger stadium than us, perhaps with better players and a bigger budget than us, but we didn’t get scudded 7-1. 😎

Sadly we have in the past. Nice to see the arse cheeks get a taste of their own medicine. 

4 hours ago, SS77 said:

If Callan Hamill at St Johnstone is anything to go by then De Barros can’t make a cross border move until he turns 16 which by that point we’d be due training compensation.

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think he can just walk away for nothing.

Aye. Hammill couldn't move country until he turned 16.

Was reported Celtic/Rangers tried to sign him at 15, but he rejected both and agreed to join Arsenal next Summer instead.

Compensation we're getting is apparently ~£110k.

Anyone able to tell me what time you need to turn up to be confident about getting a space in the car park behind the West Stand?

ETA And are there areas in the ground where fans usually stand?

Edited by GordonS

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Anyone able to tell me what time you need to turn up to be confident about getting a space in the car park behind the West Stand?

ETA And are there areas in the ground where fans usually stand?

I used to park in the small industrial estate across from the main stand  2pm plenty spaces it's quicker to get away after the game 2pm will be ok for the stadium car park if that's where you want to go. . There is a fast food outlet at the gate its permanently there good food and it's covered . Standing unofficially W7 West Stand.which is the singing and drum beating  all game. Enjoy the game. 

33 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I used to park in the small industrial estate across from the main stand  2pm plenty spaces it's quicker to get away after the game 2pm will be ok for the stadium car park if that's where you want to go. . There is a fast food outlet at the gate its permanently there good food and it's covered . Standing unofficially W7 West Stand.which is the singing and drum beating  all game. Enjoy the game. 

Thanks, W7 looked like the best option to buy so you've saved me from that. I've been to the ground a few times but only for women's and age-grade internationals, I'm looking forward to seeing St Mirren there. I think the last time I saw St Mirren at home was 24 years ago when you beat an Ivano Bonetti-led Dundee 2-1 at Love Street.

ETA Come to think of it, the last time I saw St Mirren play Dundee Utd was the 1987 Scottish Cup final. I lived very near Hampden and went down for the last 20s, so I saw that plus extra time from the St Mirren end. 

Edited by GordonS

Correct regarding Dundee United 1987: mate.  When I mentioned food it's a cross  from the main stand yummy grub. If you had posted earlier I would have got you as a guests in the 1877 club. Your driving so why pay £5 entry fee for a coke. Please post your views on the match experience . Always interested to hear . Have met a Chelsea season ticket holder who now lives up here he wants to attend a Saints match I hope to convert him to a Scottish team like up us with the old firm.