Jump to content

The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread


Recommended Posts

You would think the Wolves boy must be fairly decent. Signed a new contract until 2024 and 32 games for league winning Grasshoppers last season. If Jamie and/or McCarthy leave that frees up dosh for some decently quality to come in too. 

If Cammy's going out on loan , that might be good news for him , his face doesn't seem to fit for JG but a decent loan spell away might convince us to get him on a longer deal !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

You would think the Wolves boy must be fairly decent. Signed a new contract until 2024 and 32 games for league winning Grasshoppers last season. If Jamie and/or McCarthy leave that frees up dosh for some decently quality to come in too. 

If Cammy's going out on loan , that might be good news for him , his face doesn't seem to fit for JG but a decent loan spell away might convince us to get him on a longer deal !

Seems to have played 28 games for Dunjaska Streda in the top league in Slovakia. Scored in the Europe league qualifiers.

A lot more experienced than most of the young premiership loan players being brought in by other clubs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Have we had much joy with loans from the premiership?

Positives- Dummett, Newton, Dreyer

Duds- Drury, Plummer, Sonupe, Willock, Jones, Campbell, Cornell, 

Even Dreyer seemed to split opinion! 

Most of them hadn't really played much outside of their youth teams.

As already mentioned Ronan seems way more experienced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, billyg said:

You would think the Wolves boy must be fairly decent. Signed a new contract until 2024 and 32 games for league winning Grasshoppers last season. If Jamie and/or McCarthy leave that frees up dosh for some decently quality to come in too. 

If Cammy's going out on loan , that might be good news for him , his face doesn't seem to fit for JG but a decent loan spell away might convince us to get him on a longer deal !

It thought same thing but surprisingly it was the 2nd division. I am used to expecting Grasshoppers to be one of the teams fighting for the top league title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It thought same thing but surprisingly it was the 2nd division. I am used to expecting Grasshoppers to be one of the teams fighting for the top league title. 

I knew that , but they're a big club and are rarely in the lower division. One or two quite well known clubs below them in that league too .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Club desperate to get Jamie sold. Sadly we all knew he’d go. Absolutely nailed on undisclosed in the media which means 300k tops. The contingency will be interesting? I feel a tad sad that we will lose our star man and replace him with a loanee who will likely be nowhere near as good too. Anyhow the team is in trouble  as they don’t score goals nor do they look like scoring from open play. Second half yesterday was terrible. 
Who told you the club are desperate to sell McGrath for 300k ?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It certainly spells the end for McGrath though.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him going to Aberdeen , with Kennedy and money coming our way. With Ferguson then getting his move from Aberdeen too !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him going to Aberdeen , with Kennedy and money coming our way. With Ferguson then getting his move from Aberdeen too !

I’ve heard that the deal for Kennedy is back on but McGrath will be going south.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd think the Ronan signing almost certainly means Jamie will be off tomorrow.

A fee of around £300K with sell-ons is about as good as we are going to get with a year left and to be honest if it gives us more room to bolster the squad then it might well be a sacrifice we need to make. Middlesbrough the most likely destination I'd have thought.

I still wouldn't be too surprised to see the Kennedy move revived tomorrow. Aberdeen have been spending quite a bit the last few days, and they may well compromise on whatever scuppered the deal last week - or we might have a bit more to play with if Jamie does move on - either way it still seems a no-brainer as he's exactly what we need - and he's miles out the picture at Aberdeen.

If Cammy goes out on loan, Ross County appears to be an option, then that will free up another wage.

I hate expecting big things from a deadline day, we always get hugely disappointed, but I really do feel if we aren't sitting on Wednesday morning with at least 3 new faces in, addressing the glaring issues we're having, then we're certs to be in yet another relegation battle.

Pace, width & creativity please.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Div said:

I'd think the Ronan signing almost certainly means Jamie will be off tomorrow.

A fee of around £300K with sell-ons is about as good as we are going to get with a year left and to be honest if it gives us more room to bolster the squad then it might well be a sacrifice we need to make. Middlesbrough the most likely destination I'd have thought.

I still wouldn't be too surprised to see the Kennedy move revived tomorrow. Aberdeen have been spending quite a bit the last few days, and they may well compromise on whatever scuppered the deal last week - or we might have a bit more to play with if Jamie does move on - either way it still seems a no-brainer as he's exactly what we need - and he's miles out the picture at Aberdeen.

If Cammy goes out on loan, Ross County appears to be an option, then that will free up another wage.

I hate expecting big things from a deadline day, we always get hugely disappointed, but I really do feel if we aren't sitting on Wednesday morning with at least 3 new faces in, addressing the glaring issues we're having, then we're certs to be in yet another relegation battle.

Pace, width & creativity please.

 

300k - dearie me what’s the point . McGrath a top operator and Irish international being sold for 300k. Last year or not that represents a really poor deal .  I do wish the bullshit rhetoric from the management about not selling on the cheap would just stop. We always lose our best players for a pittance and 300k for a full international is a steal for a club like Middlesbrough who’s training ground is worth more than our whole club

 

Edited by Norrie82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

300k - dearie me what’s the point . McGrath a top operator and Irish international being sold for 300k. Last year or not that represents a really poor deal .  I do wish the bullshit rhetoric from the management about not selling on the cheap would just stop. We always lose our best players for a pittance and 300k for a full international is a steal for a club like Middlesbrough who’s training ground is worth more than our whole club

 

has anyone else had enough of this bullshit I definitely don’t feel as passionate at present and thats because of the clubs handling of everything this summer 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


If Cammy goes out on loan, Ross County appears to be an option, then that will free up another wage.

 
If Goodwin allows Cammy to join a relegation rival on loan he needs his head looking.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

More likely to be Middlesbrough, I reckon. I'm sure McGrath could do better than those league one jobbers Sunderland.

From what I heard at the weekend, we accepted offers for Middlesbrough and Sheffield United, McGrath was away to speak to them both yesterday, so unless there is some hitch with personal terms, I expect he will officially join one this afternoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GAD said:

From what I heard at the weekend, we accepted offers for Middlesbrough and Sheffield United, McGrath was away to speak to them both yesterday, so unless there is some hitch with personal terms, I expect he will officially join one this afternoon.

Wow. Fair play to the lad. Ignoring the timing and the fact it's crap to lose him, either of those is a phenomenal move for him.

Really hope he can make the breakthrough. And that we're adequately compensated 💰

Edited by Coventry Saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...