The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah. 150k + Gogic will inevitably make a lot of people complain but I don't think it's terrible. 

I'd be looking for Scott Allan too. They clearly want him off the wage bill.

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Done deal.  Medicals this afternoon. 

Good, finally puts an end to the whole McGrath situation, seems like it’s been going on forever tbh. 

Both clubs getting what they want and we can move on and hopefully use the cash to fund his replacement on a 2 or 3 year deal. 

All the best to the lad, cracking player on his day and his record last season speaks for itself. 

Given we finished third last season with Gogic largely in the team there's an argument to be made that he was a good player for us.

He was giving away cheap fouls early in this season and costing us goals.  Add the desire to play a better passing game and he was dropped seemingly never to be seen again.

No huge regret in seeing him leave but I reckon if he knows he's wanted he'll do exactly what you expect of him, harass heavily through the middle of the park and play easy balls to more technically accomplished teammates. 

Don't really know what McGrath offers in truth, heard a fairly broad array of descriptions which doesn't leave me any the wiser. Generally speaking though players we've signed from yourselves have gone on to perform well enough so hoping for good things.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah. 150k + Gogic will inevitably make a lot of people complain but I don't think it's terrible. 

I think we should be looking for at least 250k plus Gogic and possibly Allan.

Not a great deal if you ask me. 

Hopefully its just the Record plucking a figure out the air.

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

I think we should be looking for at least 250k plus Gogic and possibly Allan.

Not a great deal if you ask me. 

Hopefully its just the Record plucking a figure out the air.

You're going to get nothing for him in the summer plus have an unhappy player instead of one that wants to play for you. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

You're going to get nothing for him in the summer plus have an unhappy player instead of one that wants to play for you. 

150k is about the difference of 2 placings in prize money. I would rather keep him if thats the cash on offer.

If the DR is correct then I think that’s a reasonable bit of business considering where we are in the window. I would like to think we have got some sort of sell on in there too.

He clearly doesn’t want to be here, we have Kiltie and Ronan who in recent weeks have suggested are more than capable replacements.

I also like Gogic and is a solid enough signing, we were after him when he left Hamilton so JG obviously rates him. Him and Power is a very experienced a solid base in the midfield which should allow our forward players to concentrate more on the attacking side of things.

I know we can't compete with Hibs on wages just wondering what the difference in bucks is . Would have thought league one clubs could pay more than Hibs . Good footballer always painful to lose one of your better players to a league rival.  It's just another stepping stone to the land of milk and honey so hopefully a % add on has been drawn up.