The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

26 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I must say the thought of having someone like Kennedy from Aberdeen sign next season, fills me with dread. What a downgrade from Jordan Jones he would be. 

He's only a couple weeks in, but I can safely say whoever we get will be a downgrade, tbf.

53 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I must say the thought of having someone like Kennedy from Aberdeen sign next season, fills me with dread. What a downgrade from Jordan Jones he would be. 

Whoever we get will be a downgrade mate, enjoy Jones while he is here.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Whoever we get will be a downgrade mate, enjoy Jones while he is here.

I think it was @billyg who said a while back that there's potential for Jones' loan to be stretched out to 18 months if it goes well. He's apparently not going to get a look in at Wigan again under the current management. 

21 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That Motherwell game. I used to go to every single game and for reasons I can't recall, couldn't make it to the Motherwell game so it was probably the first time I ever watched us on the telly.

I was in Borgia when that goal went in and the place was nearly turned upside down when it hit the net. What a strike it was.

Absolutely fucking hated him. Good player.

Advice to any young St Mirren fans - if you’re going to get the name and number of a player printed on an already expensive replica shirt, don’t get your favourite player. They’ll be away. Go for your own name, or, if you are old enough to have a favourite ‘legacy player’ - get that. Torfason 9, Fitzpatrick 4, Murray 7…. that sort of thing.

Listen to yer’ auld da’. 😛

39 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Advice to any young St Mirren fans - if you’re going to get the name and number of a player printed on an already expensive replica shirt, don’t get your favourite player. They’ll be away. Go for your own name, or, if you are old enough to have a favourite ‘legacy player’ - get that. Torfason 9, Fitzpatrick 4, Murray 7…. that sort of thing.

Definitely a bit of nostalgia going on here 😅 The best St Mirren players have always left, and that's okay. On the three you mentioned, Fitzpatrick went to Bristol City and came back up the road after not making it. Torfason was only here three seasons before he fecked off to St Johnstone after we got relegated. Murray left in 2001 looking for a gig down south and had trials for teams like Mansfield. Never got a contract so came back up the road and re-signed.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I have Fitzy & Gunni on my Ramones stylee Saints T-shirt - I even bumped into TF outside the new ground while wearing it once!

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

Definitely a bit of nostalgia going on here 😅 The best St Mirren players have always left, and that's okay. On the three you mentioned, Fitzpatrick went to Bristol City and came back up the road after not making it. Torfason was only here three seasons before he fecked off to St Johnstone after we got relegated. Murray left in 2001 looking for a gig down south and had trials for teams like Mansfield. Never got a contract so came back up the road and re-signed.

What bit did Fitzy not make it

Played regularly and was only sold as he had resell value Bristol were desperate for the money.

45 minutes ago, Lex said:

Here’s my two shirts. Never regretted these printing choices. Job’s a good un’. 😎

5397FE6C-E85F-4381-A62F-18D5E16262FA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Uncle Scan said:

What bit did Fitzy not make it

Played regularly and was only sold as he had resell value Bristol were desperate for the money.

We were fortunate to get Fitzy back at the time, as Sir Govan had him earmarked for a move to Aberdeen. 

12 hours ago, Lex said:

Don't think it's a lot to do with whether they ever left. More the fact that there is no chance of them now leaving and rendering the name and number on a youngsters kit out of date in doing so.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't think it's a lot to do with whether they ever left. More the fact that there is no chance of them now leaving and rendering the name and number on a youngsters kit out of date in doing so.

Perfectly put sir. I mean, in regard to the photo of my printed shirts, in reality, Tomas Stickroth was injured a lot, wasn’t an all-time great, but… even just for the two-touches he swiftly took in the corner at Sellik, before firing over that cross, then standing with Gunni in front of the Parkhead Jungle, arms aloft… I’m pwoud, vewy pwoud, to choose his name on a Hummel shirt produced long after big George Michael had left. Sadly, my ‘Torfason 9” shirt suffered a terrible fate by being lost at Pitz Super Soccer years and years ago. Still broken hearted about it… could always get a new one printed though… the beauty of choosing a retired ‘legend’ name. 😎