The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

30 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

Didn't you hear ? It's nothing to do with the fakes being utter pish, it's a refereeing conspiracy, as well as terrible luck with injuries.

Literally nobody has said that. We're absolutely shit and its incredible we're not already miles adrift.

Our luck with injuries is horrendous too and I doubt any club at this level could deal well with it. 4 players off injured tonight, and for the weekend it looks like we'll be missing Clark, Rooney, Booth, O'Halloran,Wotherspoon, Bryson, Hallberg, MacPherson, Kane, Ciftci and Hendry. Thats 8/9 starters, depending on our shape.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Literally nobody has said that. We're absolutely shit and its incredible we're not already miles adrift.

Our luck with injuries is horrendous too and I doubt any club at this level could deal well with it. 4 players off injured tonight, and for the weekend it looks like we'll be missing Clark, Rooney, Booth, O'Halloran,Wotherspoon, Bryson, Hallberg, MacPherson, Kane, Ciftci and Hendry. Thats 8/9 starters, depending on our shape.

2yofSgv.gif

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

To be fair that is a horrendous injury list, ultimately one that will probably see you finish bottom or 11th at best. 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Speaking from experience you are describing a typical relegation season. Look on the bright side your club made history last season. 

9 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

To be fair that is a horrendous injury list, ultimately one that will probably see you finish bottom or 11th at best. 

We'll finish bottom because of the club fucking up the Summer and the manager being stubborn, but aye, losing Wotherspoon for the season has majorly fucked us more than anything else.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well one person was so enraged by the refereeing decisions that they wanted your club to take the matter up through official channels. Whatever the f**k that would achieve.

Don't think the result at Pittodrie tonight will help matters.

Cormack will want someone in pronto because without a manager he's going to get all the heat as the season slips away. As it stands 4th is very much still do-able but with each passing game without a win so it becomes less and less likely.

Whether Jim could get a tune out of that squad so quickly I'm not so sure but Cormack won't be fucking around that's for sure.

Either way Saints need to also get ahead of the game and start planning immediately for a departure scenario.

We can't be left floundering around either, too much at stake.

I hope the momentum we have isn’t lost - I want to keep our manager and the team he’s built. I am aware money talks but for the first time in 30 years we genuinely have a good team capable of competing in the top half of the premier league . We have a good team and is it too much to ask that we have a good season that leads us to becoming a strong mid table side capable of top half finishes ? I know resources dictate but can we build on this or is it possible that it might just be a fleeting thing . I hope Jim doesn’t leave not now with the season heading towards the last couple of months . I wonder if he thinks about loyalty or if it’s purely cash 

16 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

I hope the momentum we have isn’t lost - I want to keep our manager and the team he’s built. I am aware money talks but for the first time in 30 years we genuinely have a good team capable of competing in the top half of the premier league . We have a good team and is it too much to ask that we have a good season that leads us to becoming a strong mid table side capable of top half finishes ? I know resources dictate but can we build on this or is it possible that it might just be a fleeting thing . I hope Jim doesn’t leave not now with the season heading towards the last couple of months . I wonder if he thinks about loyalty or if it’s purely cash 

What loyalty? He owes us nothing.

Need it done and dusted and a replacement sounded out before Saturday though.

18 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Another Jack Ross says one thing and does.another I'm happy here but fucks off at first opportunity.

If he's going to be on his way then he goes with the best of wishes.

My hope is that we'd be sounding out Jack Ross for first refusal on a return and get it wrapped up pretty sharpish if that's the case. The alternative of some fucking numpty like Tommy Wright or Derek Adams barely warrants thinking about.

If he's going to be on his way then he goes with the best of wishes.
My hope is that we'd be sounding out Jack Ross for first refusal on a return and get it wrapped up pretty sharpish if that's the case. The alternative of some fucking numpty like Tommy Wright or Derek Adams barely warrants thinking about.

Yeah, Ross makes the most sense. Knows the club and a safe pair of hands. Would be a fairly seemless transition. Might not want to come back though.

32 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Purely cash he will be gone in a heartbeat despite all the pish he said the other week.

3 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Yeah, Ross makes the most sense. Knows the club and a safe pair of hands. Would be a fairly seemless transition. Might not want to come back though.

Agreed on the last point. But I'd be shocked if he wasn't the number one name on the list if Goodwin goes.

As an aside, I'm finding it a bit amusing how panicky so many of our supporters are finding the current situation. He's a decent manager but I think he brings more to the role in terms of representing the club and selling it to potential signings than he does in terms of tactical nous to be honest. 3/4 months ago if this was happening, there would have been a line of folk happy to give Jim a lift to Aberdeen during the depths of the 3-5-2 experiment.

I find this a little odd tbh.

Always thought Jim was doing a good job but it could be argued that only now is that success shining through. Obviously Aberdeen can eventually grant him bigger things than Saints but only if he survives, and Cormack just emptied his pal after less than a year. 

I think he'd be a good appointment for Aberdeen and I can see why given the quality of the loan players you have this season he'd maybe be sceptical about rebuilding as-well next time around, but I find it a little lame if he doesn't want to see out what will likely be his best season with St Mirren. 

2 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I find this a little odd tbh.

Always thought Jim was doing a good job but it could be argued that only now is that success shining through. Obviously Aberdeen can eventually grant him bigger things than Saints but only if he survives, and Cormack just emptied his pal after less than a year. 

I think he'd be a good appointment for Aberdeen and I can see why given the quality of the loan players you have this season he'd maybe be sceptical about rebuilding as-well next time around, but I find it a little lame if he doesn't want to see out what will likely be his best season with St Mirren. 

Even though he went to a different league, I felt a lot worse losing Jack Ross to Sunderland than I do at the prospect of losing JG to Aberdeen to be honest.

My main worry is that if he does go, will be who he takes with him from our playing squad.