The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

42 minutes ago, Stu said:

A cynical or paranoid person would highlight the coincidence that the manager of an in-form team is being asked about the future of his in-form captain, despite him recently signing a new contract, the day before he takes his team to play one of the Old Firm.

But I'm not a cynical or paranoid person so I won't be highlighting that coincidence.

Here's hoping O'Hara leads the charge for 3 really valuable points, or at least 1

On 11/04/2023 at 17:36, glenburn bud said:

I was at the game, both goals were offside. But it was normal service back then to give both cheeks the benefit of the doubt, just like the semi final at Hampden against the blue bigots, when Lex Richardson cleared the ball from in front of the goal line. Decision goal Rangers. 

For the Celtic game, neither goal was actually offside when you watch it back on YouTube 

I was at the game too and always believed they were offside. 

13 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

For the Celtic game, neither goal was actually offside when you watch it back on YouTube 

I was at the game too and always believed they were offside. 

The first was offside a good couple of yards. You can tell nowt from that one camera on the halfway line or the grainy footage on youtube. Second was a brain fart from the linesman and us stopping when he flags for a no obvious reason. As for airbrushing the horror challenge that broke Zico's leg, shame on Montford and STV.

Anyone fancing a bit of "squeaky bum" insurance to stock up on Pampers if it goes to next week can either back Livi in a single at around 6/4 (guaranteed top 6 if that happens regardless of results elsewhere ) or the three result combo at around 3s ie Livi, Hibs not to lose and the Currants.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Anyone fancing a bit of "squeaky bum" insurance to stock up on Pampers if it goes to next week can either back Livi in a single at around 6/4 (guaranteed top 6 if that happens regardless of results elsewhere ) or the three result combo at around 3s ie Livi, Hibs not to lose and the Currants.

I fancy us being the only league team to beat both the ugly sisters.

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The simplest insurance bet you can do. 

Screenshot_20230415_100323_bet365.jpg

39 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Watching Hibs v Hearts made me think of Kyle Magennis . Just read since signing from Saints in 2020 Kyle has only played 19 games out for the rest of this season also. Shame as that lad had talent. 

He is due further operations. Good talent but always injured.

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Did anyone take the 20/1?

Thinking rationally it's still well odds on we make it. The combo of us losing, Livi winning and Hibs not losing would still pay well. It's just us with our Saints hats on that feel as if we have seen this movie a good few times before but I certainly have much more faith in Robinson's Saints than any previous manager for a long time. I think we will get over the top 6 line be it by hook or by crook. Like is never dull supporting Saints.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Thinking rationally it's still well odds on we make it. The combo of us losing, Livi winning and Hibs not losing would still pay well. It's just us with our Saints hats on that feel as if we have seen this movie a good few times before but I certainly have much more faith in Robinson's Saints than any previous manager for a long time. I think we will get over the top 6 line be it by hook or by crook. Like is never dull supporting Saints.

That's far too rational 😛

Can't find updated odds on us finishing bottom 6 even on odds checker. Should be available after the Kilmarnock game tomorrow. 

It'll be nowhere near 20/1.

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That's far too rational 😛

Can't find updated odds on us finishing bottom 6 even on odds checker. Should be available after the Kilmarnock game tomorrow. 

It'll be nowhere near 20/1.

It's go to be more than 10s as the treble mentioned that screws us will I expect pay well over that. FWIW I guess Killie will be about 3s, Livi about 15/8 with Hibs ell odds on.

It's weird how a fans mind works. Had we got a point at Tynecastle and another at Ibrox today we would have been going into the Killie game cock-a-hoop. We go into next week off the back of a 5V2 defeat yet we are a point better off that the two draws scenario. 

Let's not kid ourselves on, if offered 6 points from Livi, Tynecastle and Ibrox we would have bitten the arm off whoever was offering.

All about attitude on Saturday. Got to play for a win. Play like a team with a good home record against a team rotten on the road. In Robbo we trust.

36 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You’ll beat Killie comfortably.

They’re rank rotten away from home.

2-0 St Mirren. 

And post split you have Aberdeen & Hearts at home. 

Aye, but....