The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Just telling you it was on line the person who said it.

So don't believe everything you read on line... not this either perhaps.

Ball is in our court. Once the window is shut, that's it till January.

19 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

I’d say keep one of our best players and retain the continuity we have. Let’s not kid ourselves we won’t get six figures more like 50 k which wouldn’t cover His wage or loan fee. 

You pals with Elvis?

No way Carson will leave for 50k.

We didn't let Baccus go for the rumoured 275 k and he only had 1 year left on his contract.

45 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I like you. You don’t have a scooby what you’re saying, but I like you. 😃

There's levels of basket casery. And as a Dundee fan, I can safely say, even at your wildest it isn't as bad as us at our most stable!

3 minutes ago, medals said:

We didn't let Baccus go for the rumoured 275 k and he only had 1 year left on his contract.

I wouldnt gloat about not selling Baccus for £250k just yet...

A bit of the puzzler the rumoured Carson fallout considering he recently signed a new deal and is only back at his work a matter of days. Him and Robinson also go back a bit.

Complete speculation of course but the only thing I can think of is that he's returned from his holidays a few kilos heavier than he should be. 

2 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

A bit of the puzzler the rumoured Carson fallout considering he recently signed a new deal and is only back at his work a matter of days. Him and Robinson also go back a bit.

Complete speculation of course but the only thing I can think of is that he's returned from his holidays a few kilos heavier than he should be. 

He never returned to work. He wasn't at the training ground Thursday or Friday last week.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

There's not a chance ourselves, St Johnstone or United are paying a 6 figure fee for Carson. Dunno about Blackpool though.

You've answered your own statement. Plus for Utd is they need a goalie coach in addition, but the minus is why would Carson go down a level this year in stead of another shot at top 6 and possibly Europe?

More dosh in England for sure though. Carson has been on form and wins points.

10 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

If there has been a fallout, could it have happened last season and that was the reason he didn’t play in the last game v Rangers? 

Came into your thread to find out why Carson has gone from an ever present last season to being replaced all of a sudden...

Seems you lot don't know why either! 

I've never liked him, he just looks like a greeting faced c**t that acts like a wee hard 🤷‍♂️ is that true or am I wrong?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

As much as I'd love Dundee to sign Carson, I 100% agree, even if a huge falling out has happened, there'd need to be serious questions put to those in charge of your club if you just allowed him to saunter off to a divisional rival whilst he has 2 year left on his deal.

St Mirren don't seem to ever act like a basket case so it's a non-starter IMO.

I can remember the days when moving from St Mirren to Dundee was stepping up in the football world.

Of course, I am very, very old.

As for your final sentence, we once swapped Lex Richardson for Eric Sinclair. Nuff said !!

Hemming was excellent in the Championship for us and I was sure he was going to handle the step up no bother, but it didn't really happen for him. It didn't help that he started the season out injured and then never really got a chance to settle himself in.

His partner posted on our forum a few days ago talking about the fact that in the first season, she and their kids had stayed up in Scotland with him, but last season they moved back down south because their oldest child was starting school, and he was basically up here by himself, which seems to have affected him a lot.

I definitely wouldn't be writing him off, I think he has all the makings of a very good goalkeeper at this level, he's big and commanding and pulled out a lot of important saves last season. There were definite similarities to Freddie Woodman when he came up here as a young keeper.

Edited by craigkillie

11 minutes ago, WHU said:

If there has been a fallout, could it have happened last season and that was the reason he didn’t play in the last game v Rangers? 

Yeah, possibly. He's on record as saying he had gambling issues in the past but you'd think the club would support him if it was related to that. Maybe we'll never know.

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Came into your thread to find out why Carson has gone from an ever present last season to being replaced all of a sudden...

Seems you lot don't know why either! 

I've never liked him, he just looks like a greeting faced c**t that acts like a wee hard 🤷‍♂️ is that true or am I wrong?

Carson and SR allegedly had a major bust-up at the last game v RFC , he was dropped unexpectedly and he had family over for the game and took the hump !

Just now, billyg said:

Carson and SR allegedly had a major bust-up at the last game v RFC , he was dropped unexpectedly and he had family over for the game and took the hump !

If that’s true it’s a fuckin disgrace that two grown men can’t resolve such a trivial matter. Fuckin joke. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2