The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Now Killie have signed a keeper it looks like Trev’s options are to knuckle down and show the manager he deserves his place (not difficult), go to the Fakes (why???), or get his agent to find him a club down South prepared to pay a transfer fee. 

There is still 6/7 weeks of the window left. Wouldn't be surprised to see this one stretch out further

I see that Dundee have received international clearance for their two Mexican signings, who will get their visas by the end of this week.

Hopefully that's a indication that Stav Nahmani will be with us sooner rather than later.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I see that Dundee have received international clearance for their two Mexican signings, who will get their visas by the end of this week.

Hopefully that's a indication that Stav Nahmani will be with us sooner rather than later.

Fingers crossed. It took Baccus ages to get his.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Isn't there something in the way the foreign office judges these things based on potential and history? I'm no expert, and I don't want to nix Dundee, but they are brining in a Mexican who at 28 has only played in their lower leagues and who biggest claim to fame is 6 appearances for the Mexico U21 side nearly a decade ago. I honestly don't see how he justifies a work permit.

I fear Nahmani, who at at 21 and having played in Israel's top league and who is regularly involved in the international side for the last 6 years, and is clearly someone with potential, might have problems.

Of course, we have a right wing government who regularly dog whistles anyone of "non-white, non-British descent" and the Foreign Office is run by someone who has admitted to being balls deep into the culture war in an attempt to forward her hateful rhetoric.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Isn't there something in the way the foreign office judges these things based on potential and history? I'm no expert, and I don't want to nix Dundee, but they are brining in a Mexican who at 28 has only played in their lower leagues and who biggest claim to fame is 6 appearances for the Mexico U21 side nearly a decade ago. I honestly don't see how he justifies a work permit.

I fear Nahmani, who at at 21 and having played in Israel's top league and who is regularly involved in the international side for the last 6 years, and is clearly someone with potential, might have problems.

Of course, we have a right wing government who regularly dog whistles anyone of "non-white, non-British descent" and the Foreign Office is run by someone who has admitted to being balls deep into the culture war in an attempt to forward her hateful rhetoric.

Dundee’s Mexicans don’t give a shite about work permits.

3B83C7EA-B2DC-4A22-8126-8CF70D47E73C.jpeg

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Dundee’s Mexicans don’t give a shite about work permits.

It's at the whim of that hateful bitch though, not anyone else. Considering she literally thinks anyone entering the country is "an invasion", unless of course they are right-wing old white blokes who will pay handsomely for the privilege. If Pineda wants to tweet out that he loves the idea of Brexit and would suck Trump's cock, then I feel Braverman would be more obliged to his entry.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Nah.

The way that the club is run regarding signings these days, would lead me to think that due diligence regarding a work permit has been done.

I doubt we'd announce he's signed unless we had been assurred that it was a formality and it would be the usual bureaucratic nonsense that would hold it up.

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nah.

The way that the club is run regarding signings these days, would lead me to think that due diligence regarding a work permit has been done.

I doubt we'd announce he's signed unless we had been assurred that it was a formality and it would be the usual bureaucratic nonsense that would hold it up.

That's a fair point, you'd expect a professional club to double check before moving forward. Although I would still say that an informal nod is not a signature on a permit.

I guess that is the same for Dundee's signings, although as I said I don't understand why they would get one for a player of that age and calibre. The old adage, "is he better than what you can find domestically", comes to the fore.

21 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's a fair point, you'd expect a professional club to double check before moving forward. Although I would still say that an informal nod is not a signature on a permit.

I guess that is the same for Dundee's signings, although as I said I don't understand why they would get one for a player of that age and calibre. The old adage, "is he better than what you can find domestically", comes to the fore.

Absolutely.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I like it.

Not sure if I do, although it is infinitely better than our JD Sports kits. I feel the use of pink to signal your inclusivity is just a tired old trope at this point.

It might grow on me, and I wouldn't say I dislike it, might take a little while and seeing it "on the field" as it were.