The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

7 minutes ago, McG said:

You’re absolutely obsessed with the st mirren thread mate.

Nah I posted on the Dundee thread too recently.

Reverting to shitey OF "obsessed" patter anaw is a low.  Can't I have an interest in Scottish fitba?

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Reverting to shitey OF "obsessed" patter anaw is a low.  Can't I have an interest in Scottish fitba?

Don't get up tight , football fans well 70% up tight about nothing. Think of the infighting with clans some 600 years ago that comes quite close to ejits watching football. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Hopefully you added Thank You at the end, so they wouldn’t notice you………Feckin weird bunch only surpassed by the unwashed.

Motherwell fans however are good cnuts.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/stephen-robinson-clarifies-trevor-carson-30470102

Yikes.

Yeah that's a lie, you don't just decide you don't wanna be here out of nowhere.

Get him shifted ASAP and get a replacement in.

Aye, just seen this. There has defo been a fall out but they are keeping it private. Hopefully we can get him sold and put the money to good use

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/stephen-robinson-clarifies-trevor-carson-30470102

Yikes.

Yeah that's a lie, you don't just decide you don't wanna be here out of nowhere.

Nah, kiss and make up, story in the papers to say ‘a line has been drawn under this… it was nothing really… these things happen in football… happy to resolve the situation… storm in a teacup… looking forward to the new season… 

Bookmark it. Or don’t. Maybees. Etc. 😀

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yikes.

Yeah, its been glossed over here as some things really do need to be kept behind closed doors. You don't have a blinder of season like he did, sign an extension a few months beforehand then say you want out,. At least it's been confirmed that he will be leaving one way or another.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We've released Jake Carroll and I'm sure we wouldn't be difficult to deal with if you want to take Nathan McGinley off our hands. 

Carroll was training with us last week and guessing it came to nothing as he's not been mentioned again.

Just now, smellthepaw said:

Yeah, its been glossed over here as some things really do need to be kept behind closed doors. You don't have a blinder of season like he did, sign an extension a few months beforehand then say you want out,. At least it's been confirmed that he will be leaving one way or another.

Yeah. Needs to happen sooner rather than later though. I can't believe for a second if Carson leaves we'll go with Hemming and Urminsky as our two goalkeeping options this season. I expect Urminsky to end up on loan in lower leagues for desperately needed game time.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Sell him and bring home the Czech Wall.

Trevor who? Players come and go……………….like you say, he can go.
At 35 he should be able to do his job with no fuss and if he is unable then he needs to leave.

IF the rumours are true then he has a lot of growing up to do as a person, never mind as a footballer.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yikes.

The manager rightly not disclosing any kind of fallout, as it could possibly have an adverse effect on moving him on. 
Let’s hope we get shot of him quickly  and for a decent fee, then get someone like Hladky to replace him.

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Talk of Carson being replaced misses the fact that he already has been replaced - by Hemming

Robinson explicitly says this in the article, he says Hemming is number 1.

He is number one.

For now. So Robinson has said nothing wrong in that regard.

There's no chance with Carson off the books that we won't replace him, especially given the apparent lack of any sort of confidence in Urminsky. If he stays on the books, our hands are tied a bit. 

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Talk of Carson being replaced misses the fact that he already has been replaced - by Hemming

Robinson explicitly says this in the article, he says Hemming is number 1.

Can we afford to go a whole season with two rookie keepers. Not for me we can’t. Hemmings might well turn out to be a top keeper, but we need an experienced replacement for Carson.