The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Just looked at ticket sales for Saturday. Very poor! I thought folk'd be itching to get back.  

Same every home LC game. A lot of people (our "gang") included tend to just rock up on the day. I haven't bought a ticket for my ST seat for a cup game in years, just go to the main stand on the day. It will be the usual 2k or so Saturday LC crowd although tomorrow's weather forecast might put a few off.

10 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Daily Record reporting the new striker will be unveiled next week and Robbo is quoted as saying that'll likely be the last signing unless other folk leave. 

I have to expect that folk will leave then, as the squad to me is a bit disjointed and not in the right shape. Unless McMenamin IS a wing back.....

9 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Just looked at ticket sales for Saturday. Very poor! I thought folk'd be itching to get back.  

I am, for the league. Not going to pay money and give up my Saturday medal and an afternoon in front of the Open Golf for a half-arsed pre-season friendly dressed up as a competitive major cup competition. Someone give me a shout when the Dundee team bus is past Ninewells Hospital.

Looks like I’m not the only one who can’t be arsed. That 1877 Club certainly aren’t. Not a place I’ve ever set foot in mind you, just reading what those who do spend a fair bit on are saying here.

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Daily Record reporting the new striker will be unveiled next week and Robbo is quoted as saying that'll likely be the last signing unless other folk leave. 

Think there quoting him from last Saturday so it should have happened this week but alas nothing unless it happens today but won't hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Think there quoting him from last Saturday so it should have happened this week but alas nothing unless it happens today but won't hold my breath.

That’s a bit of positive for you Elvis. Keep it going :P

I'm mildly encouraged by this.

"We weren't happy a week ago but we've managed to get three players in"

So if one of these is the "forward player with a physical presence", I assume at least one of the other two is Lewis Strapp, and the third?

And if they are "in" surely we can expect at least some signing news today?

robbo.JPG

38 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

I wonder if it's Pressley and it suits Robinson more for him to go to the States for some proper pre-season training and friendlies, rather than getting 10 or 15 minutes here and there in the cup games. The player probably prefers America to Angus as well. Not sure what Brentford get out of that deal though.

3 minutes ago, Div said:

I'm mildly encouraged by this.

"We weren't happy a week ago but we've managed to get three players in"

So if one of these is the "forward player with a physical presence", I assume at least one of the other two is Lewis Strapp, and the third?

And if they are "in" surely we can expect at least some signing news today?

robbo.JPG

The quote is saw from the DR is slightly different.. 

“We’re happier now. We weren’t a week or two ago, but we’ve managed to get players in.

“We’ve brought Zach Hemming, Mikael Mandron and Conor in. Stav Nahmani has come in too and there will be one more forward player with a physical presence, so we’re moving in the right direction after a slow start.”

Doesn't suggest anyone else signed/ signing with the exception of the mystery forward.

Just now, Marko van Haddock said:

“We’re happier now. We weren’t a week or two ago, but we’ve managed to get players in.

“We’ve brought Zach Hemming, Mikael Mandron and Conor in. Stav Nahmani has come in too and there will be one more forward player with a physical presence, so we’re moving in the right direction after a slow start.”

Doesn't suggest anyone else signed/ signing with the exception of the mystery forward.

Yip that’s the way I took it, 1 more striker in unless we shift others on permanently.

I'll be perfectly honest, I cannot see how he's happy with just another centre forward in the door.

Absolutely fucking insane to be approaching the season with one first choice player in each wing back position,  one of whom is injured.

Unless there are a few unveilings today.

I'm really confused by the Robbo quotes.

Surely the "three in" that's made him happy in the last week is not McMenamin, Stav and Mandron?

He then goes on to say the forward will be the last one in unless someone leaves on a permanent deal.

And that sounds terrifying, and surely a load of bollocks, given we've only got 1 left back who has a long history of injury, and we've currently got two left backs in on trial.

I think he just talks a lot of shite to the journalists to be honest.

37 minutes ago, Marko van Haddock said:

Cheers, sons crying.