The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

12 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Olusanya and Madron have linked up really well as a brand new pairing.

mandron has looked decent. Olusanya plenty of effort but nowhere near good enough for the standard required.

Just now, McG said:

mandron has looked decent. Olusanya plenty of effort but nowhere near good enough for the standard required.

Totally disagree, he has wriggled his way through and set Madron up at least twice.

Just now, Torfason said:

Totally disagree, he has wriggled his way through and set Madron up at least twice.

Not for me, and he will be shipped out before the window closes thankfully.

2 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Have the be honest McG, he looks a better option than Grieve currently. 

Grieve isn’t good enough either mate. Fine for a run out off the bench but he isn’t good enough to be starting now, I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave as well. 

2-0 going on 10 (well, maybe not 10 but 4 or 5).

Arbroath have been niggle. Looked like their player left a bit on Kiltie, hopefully nothing serious. The challenge on Dunne when he went for a header was terrible, how that's not a yellow card is beyond me, I think you could make a case for it being a straight red as it's really dangerous.

Think the front two have done OK.

9 minutes ago, Torfason said:

A kind way to put it is that Arbroath are skilled in the dark arts of the game; making a back at headers being a favourite.

Dark arts is exactly the phrase I've been using for their number 5. He's a c**t. Abercromby on for the second half please.

Just now, McG said:

Grieve isn’t good enough either mate. Fine for a run out off the bench but he isn’t good enough to be starting now, I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave as well. 

Given our loan signing is only coming in till January and the youngsters don’t look ready, I can’t see us shipping both out.

Accepting the opposition isn’t the greatest we have controlled the game completely, our keeper has punched one ball.  We have created chance, just not finished them, their keeper made some good saves but it should be at least 4 nil, but I’ll take 2 for now.

Much much better than last week.  Wouldn’t be hard I guess, and it is still lower league opposition but Saints look interested this week!

Grbuinely worried about us picking up more injuries here though. Arbroath very dirty and so far they’re getting away with it.  

4 minutes ago, McG said:

Grieve has now become our most capped international. Unbelievable Jeff.