The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Div said:

End of the day if nobody else showed any interest at the fee we were wanting then we have to do what's right for the club.

£100K is the wage of another player so not to be sniffed at.

If I was a Dundee fan I'd be asking why they feel the need to have three goalkeepers though, all presumably on a decent wedge.

Up to them how they spend their money I guess!

Could be double £100K , was it not reported as six figures?

We did well (or were perhaps lucky)to get a good, uninterrupted season out of Carson. His appearance tally for us in 22/23 was his highest for 9 seasons.

I remember a big scare last August because it looked like a historic knee issue had returned and he was going to be out long-term. That could resurface at any time. The club have done really well to get 6 figures for him.

As for Trevor, I'm sure he'll be delighted that his new fans have "Hello, Hello" in their repertoire. Good riddance.

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Getting a 6 figure fee for a player with a clear attitude problem is great business. 

Good keeper but we need players committed to the cause. 

Now use the money to get a LWB signed- 

Fling half the money at Strain to sign a 1 year extension and a gentelmans agreement to leave when a 7 figure fee arrives.

11 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

Fling half the money at Strain to sign a 1 year extension and a gentelmans agreement to leave when a 7 figure fee arrives.

No 'gentlemen's agreements', please! 

That term should join 'H*mm*rby' and 'against 9 men' on the banned list!

7 minutes ago, Drooper said:

No 'gentlemen's agreements', please! 

That term should join 'H*mm*rby' and 'against 9 men' on the banned list!

Can. Worms….

’Through Billy’s legs semi final’

’Stubbs & Jackson’

…. to name but two.

14 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Dundee are giving us more money than we have likely paid him in the last year,so good move for us imho.

Decent keeper but not replaceable.

His family will be happy since they can come over and watch play in front of the Derry  🤪

Think they will be pissed off when  they get their taxi past Greenhill Road and realise its still two hours to Dundee .

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

We did well (or were perhaps lucky)to get a good, uninterrupted season out of Carson. His appearance tally for us in 22/23 was his highest for 9 seasons.

I remember a big scare last August because it looked like a historic knee issue had returned and he was going to be out long-term. That could resurface at any time. The club have done really well to get 6 figures for him.

As for Trevor, I'm sure he'll be delighted that his new fans have "Hello, Hello" in their repertoire. Good riddance.

I remember at Cowdenbeath last season the chat was that he was injured and we were looking at bringing in McCrorie in on loan , so we,ve done well to get a full season out of him and a transfer fee .

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I remember at Cowdenbeath last season the chat was that he was injured and we were looking at bringing in McCrorie in on loan , so we,ve done well to get a full season out of him and a transfer fee .

Big loss - sure poor if the rumours are true but the fact remains he was a points winner and anyone who thinks we are better defensively this season I fear may be wrong. Don’t underestimate the experience that Joe, Dec and Trevor bring to a team. I’m not doom and gloom but I’d say we are definitely weaker at this point

26 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Dundee are giving us more money than we have likely paid him in the last year,so good move for us imho.

Decent keeper but not replaceable.

His family will be happy since they can come over and watch play in front of the Derry  🤪

Is anybody sure the 'six-figure sum' is not £1,000.01? 😆

Seriously, though, I say good riddance. Aye, he is a good 'keeper, that cannot be denied, but there's no way the club should be paying him to effectively keep himself fit. This also helps stoke up the atmosphere for the Dundee game, when I hope everyone's on their feet booing and jeering him every time he gets hold of the ball, assuming he plays of course.

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

Just now, Norrie82 said:

Big loss - sure poor if the rumours are true but the fact remains he was a points winner and anyone who thinks we are better defensively this season I fear may be wrong. Don’t underestimate the experience that Joe, Dec and Trevor bring to a team. I’m not doom and gloom but I’d say we are definitely weaker at this point

I think we are way weaker unfortunately.