The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

27 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Jack Ross put Ross Stewart on loan to Alloa because he wasn't ready to hold down a regular starting spot. He probably needed a spell in the Championship before being ready for the top flight, but rather than another loan to see how he got on we shipped him out for pennies. To be fair to the player he's improved considerably and that will be down to his attitude, as well as good coaching and games.

I suppose that sort of stuff will always happen in football, but it's the fact that Stubbs' replacements were all utter shite that sticks in the craw. We moved Shankland on in the January window in our great escape season but replaced him with Rory Loy who, at that moment in time, was a better option. There's not many Saints fans thinking Shankland is the one that got away.

I remember thinking Ross defently had something about him he looked quite composed for a tall skinny forward . Was disappointed we let him go as proved to be the case. But that's football for you. 

43 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Well done on reaching the summit, I hope you are merely keeping it warm for the mighty Well. 😉image.jpeg.b1d015e37df0336b2a6869c34bd60342.jpeg

Hopefully. We can't be top regardless of what happens tomorrow so would rather a fellow diddy go into the International break on the summit. 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hopefully. We can't be top regardless of what happens tomorrow so would rather a fellow diddy go into the International break on the summit. 

Don’t think there’s any way we can be too tomorrow.  However 8 points from first four games cannot be sniffed at.  

ETA: apologies.  Misread your post!

Edited by Bobby_F

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Don’t think there’s any way we can be too tomorrow.  However 8 points from first four games cannot be sniffed at.  

Hopefully 0-0 in the uglies derby, and in the other basket case derby, maybe 5-0 Hibs, just to shut up the uppity sheep pestering the league leaders threads.

Hard fought point today to keep our unbeaten start up. 

Seems a long time since Morton fans were on thread trying to point and laugh. I noticed they got pumped at home again today.

The international break probably comes at a good time, off the back of our poorest performance so far and with a couple of injuries. Should have a fully fit squad for the top of the table clash against Motherwell.

11 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Beginning to wish Robbo had signed his mystery striker. 

Should we now look to start Stav

Olusanya, Greive and Mandron have all played their part in the league campaign so far. We can now add Stav to that list also. 

No need for another striker as far as i can see.