The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

On 18/11/2023 at 17:31, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This was their starting line up last night. I have no idea who any of their players are other than the Rangers kid MacCausland. 

That's completely on you. Paddy McNair had quite a good start to his career at Man United a few years ago, for starters.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

That's completely on you. Paddy McNair had quite a good start to his career at Man United a few years ago, for starters.

Yes, that small point completely nullifies my entire argument. 🤣🤣.

Shame on me and my lack of encyclopaedic knowledge of Michael Stewartesque Man Utd also rans from 7 years ago. 🤣

It’s great that so many of our players are recognised at a national level but it must play havoc for Robbo and his coaching staff for club football.

We have had so many players away on international duty that it must have had some impact on their performances at a club level due to additional travel, etc.

Despite sport science perhaps we may have seen the effects of that additional travel with some of the recent dips in performances of key players. 

I’m obviously really pleased to see our players away with their national squads. Long may it continue!

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes, that small point completely nullifies my entire argument. 🤣🤣.

What argument? It's completely on you that you've never heard of any of their players apart from the boy at Rangers. I pointed out one example of someone who has played at one of the biggest clubs in the world as an example. If you don't lift your head out of Scottisg football or the top leagues I doubt you'd have heard of many internationals teams players.

Much the same as supporters of the Northern Irish team won't have heard of any of your players bar McMenamin.

It's a stupid statement to make.

Edited by Derry Alli

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

What argument? It's completely on you that you've never heard of any of their players apart from the boy at Rangers. I pointed out one example of someone who has played at one of the biggest clubs in the world as an example. If you don't lift your head out of Scottisg football or the top leagues I doubt you'd have heard of many internationals teams players.

Much the same as supporters of the Northern Irish team won't have heard of any of your players bar McMenamin.

It's a stupid statement to make.

My “argument” is that Northern Ireland are shite and unlikely to achieve anything with their current squad.  I claimed they were shite because they are shite, not because I hadn’t heard of their players. Whether I have heard of their players or not is completely irrelevant to my point. You citing one player who made 24 appearances for Man Utd (many of which I’d hazard a guess were sub appearances in League Cup games) 7 years ago doesn’t change the fact that they are shite and that their squad is far from a bunch of household names. Care to enlighten me on any of their other players without the help of Wikipedia? 
I’m quite comfortable with the extent of my football knowledge. If you claim to have a working knowledge of even half that team, then I’d strongly advise getting out more.
it might might also explain why you have the time to act like such a pedantic tool. 👍 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My “argument” is that Northern Ireland are shite and unlikely to achieve anything with their current squad. 

Ah, whereas St Mirren are the polar opposite?

20 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d strongly advise 

Happy Birthday Yes GIF

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Ah, whereas St Mirren are the polar opposite?

Happy Birthday Yes GIF

Why would St. Mirren need to be the “polar opposite” to make them the safer bet. 
Surely he’d just need to have a good deal more chance of achieving, let’s call it “relative success” with St. Mirren than with NI? If you don’t think that would be the case, that’s fine. We can disagree. However, in my opinion he has more chance of achieving top 6 finishes, potentially European football, or who knows, maybe even a cup with St. Mirren compared to 2 years of routine scuddings for NI before ultimately getting his jotters. 

Anyway, stop deflecting just because you made an arse of yourself with your “I know who Paddy McNair is” nonsense. 

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

In what way was knowing who international footballers making an arse of myself? 

You're coming across a little grumpy now, perhaps go back to using laughing emoji's.

Knowing who he was isn’t making an arse of yourself. Using it in an attempt to discredit my point was. 👍

Here to help you work things out ❤️

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Nahmani needs more game time

Wouldn't be surprised to see him punted in January. Jamieson ahead of him in the pecking order and we now have Ayunga on the comeback. That's Ayunga, Mandron, Grieve, Olusanya, Jamieson and if you want to class him in the same positions, McMenamin. He's not even getting anywhere near a sniff of action.

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him punted in January. Jamieson ahead of him in the pecking order and we now have Ayunga on the comeback. That's Ayunga, Mandron, Grieve, Olusanya, Jamieson and if you want to class him in the same positions, McMenamin. He's not even getting anywhere near a sniff of action.

Would be a shame as he has hardly had a kick. We are top heavy with strikers but not enough natural finishers. 

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

Would be a shame as he has hardly had a kick. We are top heavy with strikers but not enough natural finishers. 

He scored our equaliser against them last time.

Trouble is he's been away, but another sub appearance with a goal would be appreciated