The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Reckon baccus has looked at Erhahon as well, he’s had a really strong season (by all accounts) for what was considered an average league one side (despite narrowly missing out on playoffs this season). He’ll get regular football, likely on a wage that exceeds what hearts / Aberdeen etc would be prepared to offer him, he’s at a great age, one good season and a ridiculous offer could come in for him from a champ side where they think nothing of dropping 1m+
for a player. Hopefully the same goes for Ethan this summer!

good luck to him, could well be a case of him not chasing the money and he believe this is the next stepping stone of his career.

26 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Reckon baccus has looked at Erhahon as well, he’s had a really strong season (by all accounts) for what was considered an average league one side (despite narrowly missing out on playoffs this season). He’ll get regular football, likely on a wage that exceeds what hearts / Aberdeen etc would be prepared to offer him, he’s at a great age, one good season and a ridiculous offer could come in for him from a champ side where they think nothing of dropping 1m+

good luck to him, could well be a case of him not chasing the money and he believe this is the next stepping stone of his career.

Are Mansfield paying more than Hearts and Aberdeen (genuine question I just didn't think they would be). That said much better he's playing down there than against us.

It really rubs in how badly we sell our league short tv deal wise if teams at that level are paying more than the 3rd biggest team up here.

1 hour ago, saintmurn said:

👍

Screenshot_20240522_163846_com.twitter.android_edit_601563464798832.jpg

It's bizarre because I'm pretty sure nobody thought he was even slightly in the running. I'm the first to pish myself whenever ay vaguely likely job comes up for him but this didn't concern me in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Better hope there's no big dogs like Exeter City or Crawley Town sniffing about or they'll be off like a dog eating hot dogs.

Someone gonnae give this guy a bite? He's trying really hard.

2 hours ago, geo87 said:

Ethan was, by a mile, the best player in the Lincoln team this year.  I’ll be staggered if he’s at Sincil Bank come August.

28 minutes ago, DavieM said:

Ethan was, by a mile, the best player in the Lincoln team this year.  I’ll be staggered if he’s at Sincil Bank come August.

Lincoln sports press & those in the know reckon Ethan will be their highest transfer fee . Hope so , as were in for a decent %age .

Thing is with Baccus, even though I thought he was a great player and really liked him, and wether you consider it was right or wrong, truth is, he wasn't actually getting a game for us. He was a second half substitute, behind CBM and O'Hara, as well as Kwon when he was fit. Is Mansfield really such a terrible move for a guy who wasn't actually starting games for St Mirren?

Also, we've seen from guys like Hladky that just getting yourself down there can really pay off if things go well, and hopefully it does, he St Mirren a good turn.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Are Mansfield paying more than Hearts and Aberdeen (genuine question I just didn't think they would be). 

I had read somewhere on the Internet that Erhahon was earning £4.3k a week this season with Lincoln in League 1. Of course, that might be crap, but anything close to that would be hugely more than he was earning with us. I think it's possible that Mansfield could be offering Baccus as much as £4-5k a week.

Posted (edited)

Looks like the new shirts have been leaked on social media. 

They both look alright 👍 1997 Ronnie McQuilter era away shirt and both look like they have the Paisley pattern. 

Edited by saintmurn

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Are Mansfield paying more than Hearts and Aberdeen (genuine question I just didn't think they would be). That said much better he's playing down there than against us.

It really rubs in how badly we sell our league short tv deal wise if teams at that level are paying more than the 3rd biggest team up here.

No chance they pay as much as Aberdeen or us. Or Hibs for that matter. Their total income was about £4m.

Maybe the poster means they'd be willing to make him a higher earner whereas he'd maybe not get that from others in Scotland. 

10 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Looks like the new shirts have been leaked on social media. 

They both look alright 👍 1997 Ronnie McQuilter era away shirt and both look like they have the Paisley pattern. 

I don't really bother about the strips, but the blue (and pink) away version is "interesting" to say the least.

43 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I don't really bother about the strips, but the blue (and pink) away version is "interesting" to say the least.

Where did you see them?

Gold piping to celebrate the "qualified for Europe" trophy. 

Some club.