The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 hours ago, SS77 said:

There’s zero chance of that and it’s something that the club won’t even have considered - I wouldn’t be shocked if he ended up at Rangers or Celtic.

Maolida was bought for ridiculous money by his club (about £5m) and loaned out as it never worked.

He's rocked up in Scotland and proven he's a level too good for Hibs. His club aren't going to punt him back here unless it's to one of two clubs who could afford him.

1 minute ago, medals said:

Anderson to Killie

Uche to the Fakes perhaps.

??? to us has to be better than those.

Our keeper has arrived in Paisley...

I'm sure a sizeable amount of the money we make from our European foray, will be spent on resurfacing the pitches at the stadium and the training ground.

As it should be.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure a sizeable amount of the money we make from our European foray, will be spent on resurfacing the pitches at the stadium and the training ground.

As it should be.

I think that's already covered from a fab season just ended.

Higher crowds, finishing 5th etc.

29 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As it should be.

The pitch at St.Mirren park is currently being sorted .
I was at an event in the stadium last week and it was already well under way so I’d imagine that had already been well planned and budgeted for. 

1 minute ago, callum-g said:

I was at an event in the stadium last week and it was already well under way so I’d imagine that had already been well planned and budgeted for. 

Is that why we've been seeded in the Europa Conference competition ?

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is that why we've been seeded in the Europa Conference competition ?

Whatever the reason : its booming great, Bud unionly fruitful, and likely to germinate a crown, so long as we graft in and mulch in the new players into our current crop of rich soil...

Ok... too far... sorry

1 hour ago, medals said:

Anderson to Killie

Ikpeazu, cliche as it is, bears the hallmarks of a Robinson signing.

He'll do a turn at St. Johnstone. Won't score many but will prove decent foil for Sidibeh who looks like he could get in the double figures for them.

36 minutes ago, callum-g said:

Tommy Doc’ should be inducted into our HoF when he retires. No questions asked.

1 hour ago, medals said:

Anderson to Killie

How many strikers do Killie need? 

1 hour ago, callum-g said:

I know. It's been all over the clubs social media feeds.

However, my point is that we should be sorting out the infra structure of the club, rather than spunking stupid money on "marquee" signings.

Spend a wee bit extra by all means, but we don't need to be getting carried away and we've done not too badly with our signings so far, paying relatively sensible money, within budget.

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ikpeazu, cliche as it is, bears the hallmarks of a Robinson signing.

He'll do a turn at St. Johnstone. Won't score many but will prove decent foil for Sidibeh who looks like he could get in the double figures for them.

He may well do. A bit like Main in some ways, strong, hassles defenders etc.

However his last 4 seasons in particular don't paint a great picture and I also think the Fakes have had more than their share of strikers that don't pitch in with many goals in recent seasons.

Only time will tell.  My point was hopefully we will sign better than either.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I know. It's been all over the clubs social media feeds.

However, my point is that we should be sorting out the infra structure of the club, rather than spunking stupid money on "marquee" signings.

Spend a wee bit extra by all means, but we don't need to be getting carried away and we've done not too badly with our signings so far, paying relatively sensible money, within budget.

No one is suggesting we spunk stupid money outwith budget.

My point is our budget will be higher due to the success of speculating a bit more in recent seasons.

6 minutes ago, medals said:

No one is suggesting we spunk stupid money outwith budget.

My point is our budget will be higher due to the success of speculating a bit more in recent seasons.

Well you did mention Maolida, who would fall into that category IMO.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Won't score many but will prove decent foil for Sidibeh who looks like he could get in the double figures for them.

In the latest Millhouse turn, Sidibeh is being linked with a move away this Summer.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Well you did mention Maolida, who would fall into that category IMO.

Well none of us knows what wages Hibs were paying for his loan, and I did say that he might be pie in the sky... but surely SR and Foyle, with their recent track record can bring us someone better than Anderson or Uche?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In the latest Millhouse turn, Sidibeh is being linked with a move away this Summer.

You surely can't be pleased with that or the prospect of Uche if he continues to have his injuries and few goals then?

Levine contracted till May 2026... wow and argh I feel your pain.

Edited by medals