The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Also important to remember that if we got a Ukrainian, Belarusian or Israeli team, we would likely play the away game in a neutral country like last year ie Slovakia, Hungary etc. 

26 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Also important to remember that if we got a Ukrainian, Belarusian or Israeli team, we would likely play the away game in a neutral country like last year ie Slovakia, Hungary etc. 

That would be excellent. 

Just to throw another variable in there, last year Hibs were supposed to play their game versus the Andorran pub team at home first but that got switched to Andorra once the first round was completed due to both Andorran teams in the competition playing at the same home ground 😂🥵🤦

Edited by saintmurn

First round draw has split teams into semi-regional groups so I'd assume it'll be the same on Wednesday. These groupings would be confirmed on Wednesday morning with the actual draw starting at 1pm.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone know if the draws are televised or just on an online app’ or somesuch?

They’re usually live streamed on the UEFA website, or historically they were, wouldn’t imagine that’s stopped. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

They’re usually live streamed on the UEFA website, or historically they were, wouldn’t imagine that’s stopped. 

Ta. Might seek it out that way. Checked the Sky listings, but never saw any sign of a two-hour Saint Murrrrn draw special, hosted by Sir Thommo of Hampden. Fcuking booo!

4 hours ago, saintmurn said:

First round draw has split teams into semi-regional groups so I'd assume it'll be the same on Wednesday. These groupings would be confirmed on Wednesday morning with the actual draw starting at 1pm.

If you tune in at 1pm you will miss the draw. It takes place at 1 pm Central European Time therfore 1 hour earlier in the UK .......  12.00 noon.

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

If you tune in at 1pm you will miss the draw. It takes place at 1 pm Central European Time therfore 1 hour earlier in the UK .......  12.00 noon.

Yeah I am not sure this is correct (although I will keep checking). If I look at the QR1 draw details, the blurb on the page says that it's at 4PM CET tomorrow and the top of the page says it is at "15:00 - your local time", because presumably Uefa's site can tell I am an hour behind CET.

The QR2 page does not yet give the time in CET but at the top it says it's at "13:00 - your local time" so, until I read definitively otherwise on there, I am assuming QR2 is drawn at 1400 CET.

I see Samson has left Aberdeen and joined Hibs as their new GK coach, with Aberdeen ready to announce his replacement. Hopefully not Clangers , as he seems to play an important part with us ?

5 hours ago, billyg said:

I see Samson has left Aberdeen and joined Hibs as their new GK coach, with Aberdeen ready to announce his replacement. Hopefully not Clangers , as he seems to play an important part with us ?

That'd be concerning. New foreign coach looking to bolster backroom staff with people connected to Aberdeen? Sounds plausible.

6 hours ago, billyg said:

Yes, it’s no coincidence we’ve had our best run of keepers since he became our GK coach. He’s very important to the team, and although I believe he’s happy here, we should make sure he stays if another offer comes in. 

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Ta. Might seek it out that way. Checked the Sky listings, but never saw any sign of a two-hour Saint Murrrrn draw special, hosted by Sir Thommo of Hampden. Fcuking booo!

I was hoping the mainstream broadcasters might preview it today as part of their Euro 2024 coverage, but that would mean talking about a team other than those that are currently playing. I can't imagine they'd ever allow that to happen. 👀

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I was hoping the mainstream broadcasters might preview it today as part of their Euro 2024 coverage, but that would mean talking about a team other than those that are currently playing. I can't imagine they'd ever allow that to happen. 👀

‘OK, it’s coming now… just a moment… wow, Welsh jobbers with the first leg at the SMiSA. Rio, Alan, before we talk about England, what do you make of that?’

72F5A46F-42B1-4DF6-AEBD-B531E2BF470D.jpeg

From the Bert Kassie site...

"Before the (1st round) draw the clubs are divided into 5 groups of 10 clubs each. See UEFA Europa Conference League 1st qualifying round draw for more info. The draw groups were as follows:

Group 1
seeded: Shkendija Tetovo, Buducnost Podgorica, Inter Club d'Escaldes, KF Tirana, La Fiorita
unseeded: Velez Mostar, Torpedo Kutaisi, KF Malisheva, FC Noah, Isloch Minsk Raion

Group 2
seeded: Breidablik, F91 Dudelange, Tre Penne, St Joseph's FC, Crusaders Belfast
unseeded: Floriana, Shelbourne, Atlètic Club d'Escaldes, Tikves Kavadarci, Caernarfon Town

Group 3
seeded: Dinamo Tbilisi, Partizani Tirana, Milsami Orhei, FK Sarajevo, Urartu FC
unseeded: Torpedo Zhodino, FK Aktobe, Marsaxlokk, Mornar Bar, Kalev Tallinn

Group 4
seeded: KuPS Kuopio, B36 Torshavn, Levadia Tallinn, Connah's Quay, Vllaznia Shkodër
unseeded: FA Siauliai, NK Bravo, FK Auda, UNA Strassen, Valur Reykjavik

Group 5
seeded: Zalgiris Vilnius, Linfield Belfast, Paide Linnameeskond, FK Liepaja, Derry City
unseeded: Bala Town, Víkingur, Stjarnan FC, VPS Vaasa, FCB Magpies"

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

From the Bert Kassie site...

"Before the (1st round) draw the clubs are divided into 5 groups of 10 clubs each. See UEFA Europa Conference League 1st qualifying round draw for more info. The draw groups were as follows:

Group 1
seeded: Shkendija Tetovo, Buducnost Podgorica, Inter Club d'Escaldes, KF Tirana, La Fiorita
unseeded: Velez Mostar, Torpedo Kutaisi, KF Malisheva, FC Noah, Isloch Minsk Raion

Group 2
seeded: Breidablik, F91 Dudelange, Tre Penne, St Joseph's FC, Crusaders Belfast
unseeded: Floriana, Shelbourne, Atlètic Club d'Escaldes, Tikves Kavadarci, Caernarfon Town

Group 3
seeded: Dinamo Tbilisi, Partizani Tirana, Milsami Orhei, FK Sarajevo, Urartu FC
unseeded: Torpedo Zhodino, FK Aktobe, Marsaxlokk, Mornar Bar, Kalev Tallinn

Group 4
seeded: KuPS Kuopio, B36 Torshavn, Levadia Tallinn, Connah's Quay, Vllaznia Shkodër
unseeded: FA Siauliai, NK Bravo, FK Auda, UNA Strassen, Valur Reykjavik

Group 5
seeded: Zalgiris Vilnius, Linfield Belfast, Paide Linnameeskond, FK Liepaja, Derry City
unseeded: Bala Town, Víkingur, Stjarnan FC, VPS Vaasa, FCB Magpies"

Fcuk me. The alphabet has just run out of letters.