The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, SS77 said:

Totally. 

Players don’t care about playing 2 European games, they care about making money.

Sometimes, in the case of the guy in your avatar pic, it’s about length of contract, security, happy with the club, and a family happy and settled in the area. Which in the case of the guy in your avatar pic, is good news for us. 😄

Everyone needs a Gogic or two. ✌️

Edited by pozbaird

It will depend how we play who we need to bring in. If it's a 532 like our first season under Robbo you have Kilts, CBM, OHara, Idowu and Smith for the 3 central roles and Olusanya, Mika, Scott and Jonah for the 2 places up top

If it's the 523 of last year then you need to bring in another winger to replace McMenamin as we only really have Kiltie and Scott than can play those winger/number 10 roles 

Edited by Stan Bo

1 minute ago, Stan Bo said:

It will depend how we play who we need to bring in. If it's a 532 like our first season you have Kilts, CBM, OHara, Idowu and Smith for the 3 central roles and Olusanya, Mika, Scott and Jonah for the 2 places up top

If it's the 523 of last year then you need to bring in another winger to replace McMenamin as we only really have Kiltie and Scott than can play those winger/number 10 roles 

Don't really see Kiltie or Scott as wingers. Certainly not in the sense that McMenamin is.

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sometimes, in the case of the guy in your avatar pic, it’s about length of contract, security, happy with the club, and a family happy and settled in the area. Which in the case of the guy in your avatar pic, is good news for us. 😄

Everyone needs a Gogic or two. ✌️

Money helped keep Gogic here too!

2 hours ago, zildjian said:

Thoughts on how likely the striker will be? Given Bolton offski and McMenamin out for a significant period of time. Id imagine the cash available will be funnelled to these positions. So can only see us getting a striker if we move one of the higher earning strikers off the books. 

We all have opinions but we'll soon see.

Can't Kiltie, and Scott come from out wide?

However, I do think we will look at brining in a winger, but we were looking for a Dunne replacement anyway. Now possibly plus Bolton's.

SR said he wants another striker though. I think the budget is most likely there for 2 CB's, a Winger and if we get £6 figures, the budget will be there for a striker too I suspect.

I'd imagine, Strain, Baccus, Dunne, Kwon and Greive off the books adds up a fair bit. Keepers and RB likely paid in similar ballpark but our high finish last year and bigger crowds must have given us a better platform for this year's budget.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering after todays update about ballot, I was going to the ticket office in the morning to get my season ticket with the standing order option, will this still allow me to enter into the ballot even if I get my season ticket after the ballot already opens?

12 minutes ago, NBr1877 said:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering after todays update about ballot, I was going to the ticket office in the morning to get my season ticket with the standing order option, will this still allow me to enter into the ballot even if I get my season ticket after the ballot already opens?

Why would it not...its the same season. 

22 minutes ago, NBr1877 said:

Hi Guys,

Yeah you can enter the ballot.

i am not sure if albania is doable for me due to both time and finance

i’m also not sure about iceland as i haven’t checked the flights properly yet

i will still be entering both ballots just in case i find a way.if not you have until 12 on fri 19 to hand them back.we can’t book flights until the 2nd leg of q1 on the 18th anyway

anyone else doing the same?

what if 2 pals are planning to go and 1 gets a ticket but the other doesn’t?

can see lots being returned to re ballot 

if you get a ticket in re ballot it will be due to be paid immediately.will fans be given time to find flights before having to pay for tickets?

really difficult situation for the club

2 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

i am not sure if albania is doable for me due to both time and finance

i’m also not sure about iceland as i haven’t checked the flights properly yet

i will still be entering both ballots just in case i find a way.if not you have until 12 on fri 19 to hand them back.we can’t book flights until the 2nd leg of q1 on the 18th anyway

anyone else doing the same?

Would love to attend whatever away game it is. Not doable for me I'm keeping positive that we get through and hit mainland central Europe makes it much easier for the majority. 

I have to say the statement on the website is still a bit confusing re the differentiation between under and over 12s. From what I can make out, my son, who is 12 tomorrow, would need to apply and put me down as his guardian, but I couldn't apply and add him to my entry, is that right?

Still think this is a complete storm in a teacup. I’ll be stunned if there are more applicants than tickets for these games. 

There is definitely no issue with Albania and for Iceland, even if in theory there is only an allocation of 76 (or whatever it is) in the (highly unlikely I think) event that we need say 200, if we ask for them I think we’ll get them. 

It would be a completely different story if 1) we knew who we were playing reasonably well in advance and 2) it was far more accessible/inexpensive.

Classic example is Killie. They know they are playing in Bruges well in advance and it’s just across the water.  I believe they have requested an allocation of 2500 tickets. 

Mate of mine was passing the ground so went in to ask about re-newing his car park pass as (as is usual) we haven’t heard anything, and the pre-season friendlies are fast approaching. He was told that the passes weren’t ready for sale, won’t be ready for sale in time for the Fleetwood & Carlisle games, and parking would be ‘pay at the gate’ for both games. I’ve got a car park pass too, I thought these were season long passes. Surely they should be out and available for the entire home season.

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Still think this is a complete storm in a teacup. I’ll be stunned if there are more applicants than tickets for these games. 

There is definitely no issue with Albania and for Iceland, even if in theory there is only an allocation of 76 (or whatever it is) in the (highly unlikely I think) event that we need say 200, if we ask for them I think we’ll get them. 

You think it's unlikely we'll need 200 tickets? I think you're seriously, seriously underestimating this.

I'm in a group of 11, I know another group of 11 and a group of 13 who are booked to go and that is a tiny sample size of people I know. 

There's going to be at least 500+ who will make the trip if the tickets are there 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You think it's unlikely we'll need 200 tickets? I think you're seriously, seriously underestimating this.

I'm in a group of 11, I know another group of 11 and a group of 13 who are booked to go and that is a tiny sample size of people I know. 

There's going to be at least 500+ who will make the trip if the tickets are there 

Pretty sure we took over 200 to Armenia as an example and that was our 3/4 time qualifying for Europe in a row. I think you’d be amazed how many go, given it’s been a while since St Mirren were last in Europe and given how easy those destinations actually are, it say potentially 4 figures worth of fans would head. You’ll know your support better than me, but it seems like it’s been on the gradual rise recently and it’s one of these “you never know the next time” scenarios. 

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Ticket bought for home tie in Europe. The noticeable thing about buying online is that in what will seem like no time at all, I’ll soon be qualifying for the over 65s auld fart discount price. Sheesh. 😎

Got my ticket as well