The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

34 minutes ago, NBr1877 said:

Seeing SMISA members have received an email telling them that they will get a percentage of whatever away allocations we get to ballot between members, club keeping that one quiet. Can't see many people defending that including SMISA members. 

2 chances of a ticket is certainly not fair. 

Won't be a issue unless we end up in Iceland. 

36 minutes ago, NBr1877 said:

Seeing SMISA members have received an email telling them that they will get a percentage of whatever away allocations we get to ballot between members, club keeping that one quiet. Can't see many people defending that including SMISA members. 

I'm a SMISA member and agree it's total nonsense given the small numbers we are rumoured to be receiving. 

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Seems like a belated, unadvertised benefit of the highest paying SMiSA membership. Will they introduce this for league games as well with allocations getting reduced at the likes of Tynecastle?

For clarification it's open to all levels of SMISA membership,  not the highest bracket but that still doesn't make it right in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

For clarification it's open to all levels of SMISA membership,  not the highest bracket but that still doesn't make it right in my eyes.

Apologies meant to say memberships. They excluded entry and junior memberships, though that may be because they were introduced after the cut off date for the ballot. 

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

In fairness, I couldn't find Fleetwood on a map. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe a lot of us couldn’t exactly place a pin on, let’s say, Melton Mowbray, Pontefract, or Milton Keynes, but that’s not what grinds my gears. What grinds my gears is the ignorance about Scotland displayed by a club who have just signed a player from us, and who are just about to play us in a friendly. I don’t think I am unreasonable at all in saying in general we know more about English football and their geography/towns than many down South know about us.

5 hours ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

This SMISA scheme reeks of tickets for the boys. Disgusting behaviour.

The "boys" being those who have quietly put £12/month into St Mirren for the best part of a decade now (on top of season tickets, etc), helping the club improve on and off the park.

Yeah, disgusting!