The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Good to have another centre mid on board. Assuming that CBM will be gone early next week. If/when he goes, I'm assuming we use the Bolton and Boyd Munce money to bring in another centre mid, centre half and a forward and that I imagine would be the squad set. 

Edited by Stan Bo

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Must have made some impression in training and the 45 he had against Morton

Probably already shown up on Martin Foyle's player radar as a suitable project for us.

Goalkeepers

Urminsky, Balcombe

Defenders

Gogic, Fraser, R.Taylor, Tanser, Bwomono, Sutherland, Rooney, Brown

Midfielders

O'Hara, Kiltie, Boyd-Munce, F. Taylor, Smyth, Idowu, Adeniran

Forwards

Ayunga, Olusanya, Jamieson, McMenamin, Mandron, Scott

Hopefully Adeniran signing is just to cover CBM leaving rather than Greg Kiltie having a major problem. If CBM goes and Kiltie is unavailable then we're going to look very different in the middle of the park.

A lot more transfer business this summer than expected. Not quite the continuity going into this season than we had going into last.

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

This bodes well for a potential tie against the Albanian team....................:rolleyes:

St Mirren watch as Conference League rivals explode at each other in astonishing rammy as vile threat made - Daily Record

They sound completely mental.

I watched the game last night and it was devoid of controversy. The red card was as clear a one you'll ever see, but the Albanian fans were going mental at it. I thought the ref had a good game, apart from maybe not being strong enough with the blatant play acting from the Albanians.

Also mention in that article of UEFA going to investigate- if reports of the ref being spat at and death threats being made to Valur directors are true, you'd have to imagine sanctions will follow.

Maybe we'll find out who we are playing sooner than we think?

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Six minutes of added time was signalled, but nine minutes were actually played.

I believe that fuelled their sense of injustice.

There was no injustice, their big centre forward had spent at least three minutes of added time lying on the pitch with another pretend injury.

Just now, Hendo said:

There was no injustice, their big centre forward had spent at least three minutes of added time lying on the pitch with another pretend injury.

Oh I know.

I was highlighting why they were going mental at the ref.

"Working to UEFA regulations, we are obligated to provide opposition clubs with a minimum of 5% of our stadium capacity. However, our hope is that the opposing teams will not be looking to take up their full minimum allocation and we are exploring our options to make more tickets available for home supporters. This presents a challenge on a number of fronts but rest assured the club is doing all it can with the aim of making more home tickets available."

5% would about 400 tickets. I'm guessing the club are hoping that there will be under 100 away fans who can be accommodated in the end of the Main Stand. If one of the clubs wants more than that though then we'll have to look at finding a way to split the North Stand.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

They sound completely mental.

I watched the game last night and it was devoid of controversy. The red card was as clear a one you'll ever see, but the Albanian fans were going mental at it. I thought the ref had a good game, apart from maybe not being strong enough with the blatant play acting from the Albanians.

Also mention in that article of UEFA going to investigate- if reports of the ref being spat at and death threats being made to Valur directors are true, you'd have to imagine sanctions will follow.

Maybe we'll find out who we are playing sooner than we think?

Two Vllaznia directors arrived at Glasgow Airport tonight, ahead of watching us against Fleetwood….

’Glynhill hotel please’

CF001977-CF3A-4DB4-BD0D-4B40EEED051E.jpeg

Vllaznia are a strange fucking lot.

We played them back in our last European adventure. Article on our official website here: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/a-trip-back-in-time-03/ Well worth a read - a mental experience!

We pumped them 6-0 on aggregate and ended up being investigated for match fixing as some of their own officials were betting on their own team to lose.

The Albanian police were apparently very friendly and despite waving guns in everyones faces, they got on with the Dundee fans and let them out the stadium at HT to go for a pint in a pub.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Vllaznia are a strange fucking lot.

We played them back in our last European adventure. Article on our official website here: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/a-trip-back-in-time-03/ Well worth a read - a mental experience!

We pumped them 6-0 on aggregate and ended up being investigated for match fixing as some of their own officials were betting on their own team to lose.

The Albanian police were apparently very friendly and despite waving guns in everyones faces, they got on with the Dundee fans and let them out the stadium at HT to go for a pint in a pub.

I guess all of that was over 20 years ago, but it does make me a bit nervous making a trip there if they get through.

Hopefully we pump them and get a nice wee visit to some accessible Northern European city next. 

Was it just the players or was there crowd trouble too? The concern with the latter is whether there could be a punishment of playing behind closed doors, affecting our away game.

Edited by Ric

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I guess all of that was over 20 years ago, but it does make me a bit nervous making a trip there if they get through.

Hopefully we pump them and get a nice wee visit to some accessible Northern European city next. 

Albania has certainly come a long way.

Their highlights package of that game wouldn't have looked out of place in the 1960s:

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Two Vllaznia directors arrived at Glasgow Airport tonight, ahead of watching us against Fleetwood….

’Glynhill hotel please’

CF001977-CF3A-4DB4-BD0D-4B40EEED051E.jpeg

The thing about it is that it’s not really too far from the truth , they are all crazy the Albanians , not to worry our Ultras will sort them out.

54 minutes ago, Hooded Claw said:

The thing about it is that it’s not really too far from the truth , they are all crazy the Albanians , not to worry our Ultras will sort them out.

Not sure what our Ultras will do tbh. Those guys in the picture have already had their drum nicked.