The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

19 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Been hinted in B&W that he is away, yes i know i said B&W

Hopefully this isn't true but if it is, we'll be bringing in another keeper as well as a centre half.

Time for Vaclav to come home!

Right time to get Ethan on a new deal and give him more game time. He showed how good he is in his short time on the pitch. 

Smyth looks a player and very strong in the middle of the pitch. 

Again I feel we lack a proper striker. 

Jamieson looked up for it and was always looking for the ball. Took his goal well. I have been critical but if he continues to play like he did then he may well change my mind on him. 

All in all a poor game with little to get excited about. Can only hope we improve. 

Got to hope Balcombe remains fit this season. Big Peter did ok but he is not a first choice keeper at this level. 

3 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Kiltie out for 3 months. Ankle op.

Oh FFS. Wonder if we'll look at a short term loan to add cover, not ideal with McMenamin also out.

47 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Been hinted in B&W that he is away, yes i know i said B&W

Where's he "away" to?:lol:

FFS!

Edited by FTOF

32 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Hopefully this isn't true but if it is, we'll be bringing in another keeper as well as a centre half.

Time for Vaclav to come home!

Manager saying he had a slight injury. 

Serve me right for even reading the shit on B%W   

Just now, tam the bud said:

Manager saying he had a slight injury. 

Serve me right for even reading the shit on B%W   

I went on there for the first time in ages to check this - seems only the depressed elvis, racist shull and fanny faraway post on there now. 

Can’t believe that there are fans who still take pre season friendlies like they mean something.

The manager got to see all the new players get some valuable minutes under the belt, and try out some players in various positions.

When the real stuff begins I’m sure Robbo and his staff will have the squad ready to go, that’s all that really matters in the pre season build up games.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Oh FFS. Wonder if we'll look at a short term loan to add cover, not ideal with McMenamin also out.

I would play Sutherland in Kilties position.  He is wasted a wingback and could easily play the left of a 3 upfront.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Four attempts on target today and four goals. Fleetwood looked match-ready, we were very ring rusty and slow to react at times. We have a few new players and we haven't gelled as a team yet. Our season starts in 12 days time so things need to pick up very soon. Any Albanian "spies" watching today have learned nothing about us.

Hopefully we'll witness a better performance against Carlisle on Friday. 

Any Icelandic spies learned "f**k me, there's a shop beside the Burgh Bar named after us".

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

I would play Sutherland in Kilties position.  He is wasted a wingback and could easily play the left of a 3 upfront.

Think we can maybe get by with OHara and Rolando playing as attacking midfielders , but until Kiltie and McMenamin become available I think we could see Ethan Sutherland and Fraser Taylor coming on towards the end of games and giving the team fresh legs .

14 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Can’t believe that there are fans who still take pre season friendlies like they mean something.

The manager got to see all the new players get some valuable minutes under the belt, and try out some players in various positions.

When the real stuff begins I’m sure Robbo and his staff will have the squad ready to go, that’s all that really matters in the pre season build up games.

Still a disappointing draw though against the aging rocksters. They didn’t even have their strongest lineup available with Stevie Nicks being sidelined with a leg injury 

Yesterday the wing backs sat far too deep first half allowing our midfield to be overrun. Rooney did not look confident at CH constantly giving the ball away.

The wing backs moving further forward and the introduction of Taylor made a big difference in the second half pushing the team on. Smyth looks a player with his energy, running off the ball, and forward runs. And Sutherland was excellent taking on men and whipping in good crosses.

A mixed bag as was to be expected but plenty on show to look forward too. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Still a disappointing draw though against the aging rocksters. They didn’t even have their strongest lineup available with Stevie Nicks being sidelined with a leg injury 

That was just rumours.

1 hour ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

You pulling the Chain.

Funny seeing Bolton play against us. I thought I would be more upset about it than I was. Hope Robbo gets his replacement in soon as Rooney is not the answer. Taylor also needs to remain in the side. 

I think we need to change captain to Gogic this season.