The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

I see it everywhere on forums, X, FB fan groups etc. It’s a nonsense thing to suggest.

It's not an obsession. O'Hara is not vocal enough and doesn't drive the side forward. It is no slight on Mark. Just a viewpoint that our captain should organise and get those around him playing. 

30 minutes ago, AW saint said:

It's not an obsession. O'Hara is not vocal enough and doesn't drive the side forward. It is no slight on Mark. Just a viewpoint that our captain should organise and get those around him playing. 

That's an opinion which plenty of people, one of whom fortunately is the manager, disagree with.

Gogic is nowhere near the most vocal player on the pitch so this logic is miles off. Dreadful shout anyway. O’Hara has been captain since the day he joined and we’ve been successful, not sure why anyone would feel the need to change that just because a player cleaned up as player of the year and shouts a lot apparently.

Hugh Murray became captain and it didn’t work. Stick to what you know. 

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

How do you know that? The manager knows better than you do.

42 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Gogic is nowhere near the most vocal player on the pitch so this logic is miles off. Dreadful shout anyway. O’Hara has been captain since the day he joined and we’ve been successful, not sure why anyone would feel the need to change that just because a player cleaned up as player of the year and shouts a lot apparently.

Hugh Murray became captain and it didn’t work. Stick to what you know. 

Who in your opinion is the most vocal?

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

I love our Captain. He is quiet, unassuming and fucking nails players when the opportunity presents. Oh and he can also play a bit 😛

Completely agree. I don't want to labour the point, but I'm really happy we have a quiet humble guy as our captain. By all accounts he is a model professional who doesn't drink and looks after himself, and I've always been impressed with how he speaks in interviews. I think he's great at representing our club.

Robinson on appointing O'Hara as captain:

"“He’s the perfect example to every player. He goes about his business very quietly, he has an assuredness about him and he has the respect of every player at the club.”"

Anyone had an email about away tickets yet? Someone on Facebook page boasting about getting tickets even though he only went to one away match last season.

You could argue that we have captains throughout the team.

Mark O’Hara, Marcus Fraser, Gogic and some of the new boys look like they aren’t afraid to be heard.

We have a team that are together, that for me is crucial.

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Anyone had an email about away tickets yet? Someone on Facebook page boasting about getting tickets even though he only went to one away match last season.

Fucking typical! 

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Yes is the short answer

Ta. Will keep an eye on events there then. Get Trump’s security team over there in case it kicks off.

Edited by pozbaird

30 minutes ago, zildjian said:

Matchday tix available for hibs now. Stadium looking pretty busy given still a bit before the match!

Well I know of one fanny who booked a weekend away without looking at the fixture list.:whistle

A one off mistake?

Nope. Organised exactly the same weekend away for the opener against Motherwell a couple of seasons ago. <_<