The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone get an email confirming an Albanian ticket?

They're don't appear to confirming for Albania.

We are still in discussions with KF Vllaznia regarding final ticket allocations.

54 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I confess I've not looked at the town at all, but assumed there'd be things happening.  So are you heading back to Tirana directly after the match?

That's the working plan now, yeah.

From t

From the daily record

St Mirren and Hibs want to sign Port Vale defender Alex Iacovitti this summer.

The 26-year-old played under Malky MacKay at Ross County as the Easter Road director of football wants a reunion in the capital.

However, they face competition from the Buddies to land a deal.

34 minutes ago, truesaint said:
From t

From the daily record

St Mirren and Hibs want to sign Port Vale defender Alex Iacovitti this summer.

The 26-year-old played under Malky MacKay at Ross County as the Easter Road director of football wants a reunion in the capital.

However, they face competition from the Buddies to land a deal.

He’ll sign for Hibs, we move on and look elsewhere. I could be wrong and the club will announce him tomorrow 

Edited by glenburn bud

Any update about further tickets being available for the home leg on Aug 1st.

Just managed to get time off work and there’s a flight direct from Jersey in the Thursday morning, so looking for a ticket at this late stage.

Anyone with info or even better a spare then please let an old St Mirren supporting git know.

thanks. 

26 minutes ago, TheGreenElves said:

Messenger_creation_76fad2ca-fa5f-4063-a09f-e65990d85e85.thumb.jpeg.2568f04c1ad8b2ef3ee5bf110f42a6ba.jpeg

Officials in charge of the second leg have apparently been changed after a complaint by Valur .

Wonder where the original officials were from?

On 03/07/2024 at 22:42, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Still think this is a complete storm in a teacup. I’ll be stunned if there are more applicants than tickets for these games. 

There is definitely no issue with Albania and for Iceland, even if in theory there is only an allocation of 76 (or whatever it is) in the (highly unlikely I think) event that we need say 200, if we ask for them I think we’ll get them. 

Well this aged well. Seems about 80% of applicants missed out on Iceland.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well this aged well. Seems about 80% of applicants missed out on Iceland.

Let’s see how many travel. Like I said all along, if more tickets are required for Iceland I’m sure they will be given, but there’s a big difference between entering a ballot and getting on a plane. Don’t forget these folk that have been successful, don’t even know where they are going yet, so won’t have booked any travel. 
I think your rather sad bookmark and gloat is a little previous here mate. 
when there’s 1000 buds in the stadium in Albania, come back then and I’ll very graciously and very happily admit I was wrong. 👍

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Let’s see how many travel. Like I said all along, if more tickets are required for Iceland I’m sure they will be given, but there’s a big difference between entering a ballot and getting on a plane. Don’t forget these folk that have been successful, don’t even know where they are going yet, so won’t have booked any travel. 
I think your rather sad bookmark and gloat is a little previous here mate. 
when there’s 1000 buds in the stadium in Albania, come back then and I’ll very graciously and very happily admit I was wrong. 👍

If people miss out, it will be because parties have been broken up.

I'm in a group of 11 of us who were meant to be going, none of us drew a ticket and I've already decided I'm not going if it turns out (highly unlikely as it is) only I draw one in a later ballot as it's not the experience I'd prefer to have, I wanted to do the European trip with mates. It's something we've spoken of for years.

This will be the exact same for many people, particularly groups of friends who go to games... so it's a bit simplistic and wrong to suggest then that everyone who actually wants a ticket will get one. It's also a bit of a strange thing to accuse me of gloating given that I'm likely not going to get to a game I've waited all my life to see.

As for the 'sad bookmark' - I bookmarked nothing, I remembered it for what it was at the time. A take that was well wide of the mark, same as the shout from elsewhere that said we wouldn't even sell 4000 tickets if they were £29 a pop. 

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm in a group of 11 of us who were meant to be going, none of us drew a ticket and I've already decided I'm not going if it turns out (highly unlikely as it is) only I draw one in a later ballot as it's not the experience I'd prefer to have, I wanted to do the European trip with mates. It's something we've spoken of for years.

This will be the exact same for many people, particularly groups of friends who go to games... so it's a bit simplistic and wrong to suggest then that everyone who actually wants a ticket will get one. It's also a bit of a strange thing to accuse me of gloating given that I'm likely not going to get to a game I've waited all my life to see.

As for the 'sad bookmark' - I bookmarked nothing, I remembered it for what it was at the time. A take that was well wide of the mark, same as the shout from elsewhere that said we wouldn't even sell 4000 tickets if they were £29 a pop. 

Your narrative above covers you nicely for both potential eventualities. 👍

What happens if half the 76 (or whatever the number was) decide not to take up their ticket and then you and say 4 of your mates get a ticket. Will you go then? 

Totally agree that the suggestion we’d only sell 4000 tickets for the home leg was utter nonsense, but I never said that. Nothing I have said is “wide of the mark” and I’m still confident I’ll be proven right on that front. 
All I’ve ever said is that anyone wanting a ticket will get one and that I’d be surprised if there were more than 200 needed for Iceland or a bit more for Albania. The combination of these two particular venues and the fact that fans will only have one week’s notice to book travel, was always going to mean limited numbers would travel. Nothing wide of the mark about that. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

For Iceland we could have a situation where very few travel based on this criteria. I was the only one of our group to get 1 and I haven't heard of any scenario where a group planning on going got multiple tickets. I also doubt many were planning a solo trip, certainly not 200 or however many tickets we actually got. In this very situation a reserve list is pointless as reserves only become available AFTER the confirmation deadline so to take your example 1 of 11 got lucky but turns it down for your reasons stated, if any of your other 10 then get lucky off the reserve list you will already have forfeited yours and so presumably will anyone in your group that do get lucky off the reserves. It "might" play into the hands of very small groups say 2 or 3 but it's not difficult to envisage a scenario where very few actually go for these very reasons. The club could have multiple ballots but how that works in such a short timescale I really can't see.

In short 'mon the Albanians although that too isn't easy logistically and it could become mental if 1k plus folk are all trying to book simultaneously on Thursday evening. You will need a plan A through to Z as prices will rise and availability fall almost immediately. 

2 hours ago, TheGreenElves said:

Messenger_creation_76fad2ca-fa5f-4063-a09f-e65990d85e85.thumb.jpeg.2568f04c1ad8b2ef3ee5bf110f42a6ba.jpeg

Officials in charge of the second leg have apparently been changed after a complaint by Valur .

Wonder if the issue with tickets for Albania has been held up by the last part of that statement.  Maybe they know if they get through a part of the stadium will be closed as punishment.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

He’ll sign for Hibs, we move on and look elsewhere. I could be wrong and the club will announce him tomorrow 

If we believe the rumours he has signed for us. 

49 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

For Iceland we could have a situation where very few travel based on this criteria. I was the only one of our group to get 1 and I haven't heard of any scenario where a group planning on going got multiple tickets. I also doubt many were planning a solo trip, certainly not 200 or however many tickets we actually got. In this very situation a reserve list is pointless as reserves only become available AFTER the confirmation deadline so to take your example 1 of 11 got lucky but turns it down for your reasons stated, if any of your other 10 then get lucky off the reserve list you will already have forfeited yours and so presumably will anyone in your group that do get lucky off the reserves. It "might" play into the hands of very small groups say 2 or 3 but it's not difficult to envisage a scenario where very few actually go for these very reasons. The club could have multiple ballots but how that works in such a short timescale I really can't see.

In short 'mon the Albanians although that too isn't easy logistically and it could become mental if 1k plus folk are all trying to book simultaneously on Thursday evening. You will need a plan A through to Z as prices will rise and availability fall almost immediately. 

The reserve list puzzles me, normally if you have a reserve list you get told where you are on the list eg 1st or 40th so you have an idea of your chances.  

Also just out of curiosity I would have like to know how many tickets for Iceland the club are actually getting and how many fans applied for them. 

14 minutes ago, WHU said:

The reserve list puzzles me, normally if you have a reserve list you get told where you are on the list eg 1st or 40th so you have an idea of your chances.  

Also just out of curiosity I would have like to know how many tickets for Iceland the club are actually getting and how many fans applied for them. 

Surely you won't have a place on a "reserve list" as such. Successful applicants have until midday Fri to confirm their attendance if it's Iceland. At that stage if (for arguments sake) 50 people who had a ticket haven't confirmed the club will simply draw another 50 at random from the original unsuccessful applicants ?

The big issue is what happens then as I'm pretty sure a fair number of that 50 also won't want to travel for the reasons stated in my earlier post. How long do the initial "reserves" get to try to make arrangements and confirm and on it goes. It might well end with very few actually travelling and we might see a scenario when the club eventually put them up for sale, has to become an possibility in my eyes.