The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That suggestion is so 30 m8nutes ago :P

Indeed, I credited the original suggestion in my post. Sort of. 😜 Good suggestion too. I mean, the club didn’t hesitate to pap everyone out of the family stand to accomodate arse cheeks, so doing something for European games could have been done.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, sally02 said:

Did the opening game at the Stadium not have Saints and Killie fans in the North Stand?

No

ETA, the only time I recall that happening at a league game was when Higdon scored a hat-trick v Hamilton.

Edited by Arch Stanton

22 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Maybe we should invest in another turnstile?

I think we need to appreciate that in the 15 years we've been in the stadium these two European games and maybe the Livingston game when we clinched the Championship title have been the only times the need has ever arisen where home end demand outstrips away end demand by so much.

You could spend tens of thousands installing another turnstile in the away end then never use it for it's intended purpose.

That said, the stadium has obviously evolved because W7 was specifically designed to offer a smaller segregated section of the stadium (ironically to allow for a bigger away support in addition to the North).

Now that is used for other purposes perhaps they will investigate ways of enabling segregating the North.

Apologies if already discussed and I’ve missed it - I notice the houses behind the West stand are being demolished. Anything slated to be built on the site? New housing?

Just now, pozbaird said:

Apologies if already discussed and I’ve missed it - I notice the houses behind the West stand are being demolished. Anything slated to be built on the site? New housing?

There were plans for some kind of sports village with astro football and hockey pitches but it was shelved.

56 minutes ago, Div said:

I think we need to appreciate that in the 15 years we've been in the stadium these two European games and maybe the Livingston game when we clinched the Championship title have been the only times the need has ever arisen where home end demand outstrips away end demand by so much.

You could spend tens of thousands installing another turnstile in the away end then never use it for it's intended purpose.

That said, the stadium has obviously evolved because W7 was specifically designed to offer a smaller segregated section of the stadium (ironically to allow for a bigger away support in addition to the North).

Now that is used for other purposes perhaps they will investigate ways of enabling segregating the North.

Could we swap the family and away stands, like for like seats and solves the problems in trying to segregate the stand. Obviously too late for Thursday but could this be considered in the future?

1 hour ago, Div said:

You hear now and again (only when ive noticed) away fans complain about delays getting into the ground due to there only being 1 gate open. I never understood, why we never had another one, unless it has something to do with the Panda club at the other end of the stand?

If there was view to upgrading the North end, if you could make it fit for segregating and overspill as well as an increased away end primarily, it would certainly be worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Councils up and down the land are skint unfortunately. Though driving through Greenock on Thursday was surprised to see bus shelters being deep cleaned by a private company. 

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Councils up and down the land are skint unfortunately. Though driving through Greenock on Thursday was surprised to see bus shelters being deep cleaned by a private company. 

It is Greenock though 🧼 (soap)

Probably cleaning the shelters ahead of next season. If they beat us in the ‘Renfrewshire Cup pre season friendly’  their open top bus parade will need nice clean shelters to stop at.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Did everyone queuing at the ticket office today get tickets ?

From reading on Facebook and Twitter, apparently not. Some old boy said he queued from 9.40 and got to within 10 yards of the window and someone came out and said sold out. Queued for over 2 hours as well. I'd be spewing man.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Could we swap the family and away stands, like for like seats and solves the problems in trying to segregate the stand. Obviously too late for Thursday but could this be considered in the future?

They will always want the away end to be closest to the train station. I assume.

1 hour ago, sally02 said:

Thanks DS 

I was sure there was a split in the North Stand that day!

Are you listening Arch? lol

I genuinely don't remember the stand being split that day.

It does raise the qustion though, if it was possible then for one set of fans to have one section and the other fans to have the rest, why can't that be done on Thursday?

If, as is being reported, Brann have only sold 250-300 tickets then there will be 1300 empty seats in the North Stand. That will be a kick in the stones to those who queued today to no avail.

Being able to sell 1000-odd of those seats to Saints fans would generate an additional £30k in gate money.

Surely the cost of whatever measures needed to split the stand (hand held scanners, extra stewarding, some portaloos  under N4 and N5 etc) would be outweighed by the extra income?

Brann opened up for newsletter subscribers today for the game in Bergen and they sold 3500 immediately. More or less sold out home stands. Single tickets here and there + some areas in the corners available.

Brann got an away section, but its not allowed to use in Europe so you guys get a section in the main stand.

20240806_165004.jpg