The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, saintmurn said:

We got KVV "for an absolute bargain" - hopefully means we've still got budget if we need to add to the squad in January. 

Great news. Thought Robbo cut a pretty frustrated figure in his recent interviews. Seems to have more of a spring in his step now after the KVV signing and point today. 

Looking forward to getting a settled side. Our midfield cost us yesterday. We are still trying to get our best team on the park. 

Having Kiltie and Conor back will help too. 

Thought our front two did well. 

On paper we look to have a better squad now we need to kick on. Yesterday was a missed chance to grab 3 points.

36 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Looking forward to getting a settled side. Our midfield cost us yesterday. We are still trying to get our best team on the park. 

Having Kiltie and Conor back will help too. 

Thought our front two did well. 

On paper we look to have a better squad now we need to kick on. Yesterday was a missed chance to grab 3 points.

Kiltie definitely, but unless McMenamin comes back a better player than he was before his injury then I don’t think we can claim he’s been a big loss. Can only think of a handful of games where he made any meaningful contribution. 
I do still believe there’s a players there, but he needs to start showing it more often when he comes back. 

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Kiltie definitely, but unless McMenamin comes back a better player than he was before his injury then I don’t think we can claim he’s been a big loss. Can only think of a handful of games where he made any meaningful contribution. 
I do still believe there’s a players there, but he needs to start showing it more often when he comes back. 

I tend to agree about Conor. However he was supposed to be carrying his injury for a while. 

I think he will eventually come good. 

We 100% miss Kiltie

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

Highlights how important Gillespie was in getting KVV.

"Knuckledustered" Gronigen and we got him for a snip.

He'll be a huge loss when he goes to the vile blue bigots.

Interesting that there's a number of Rangers fans already gunning for him. Lots of "shows how small time our club us now, appointing someone from St Mirren" comments.

He's on a bit of a hiding to nothing going there, it seems like.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting that there's a number of Rangers fans already gunning for him. Lots of "shows how small time our club us now, appointing someone from St Mirren" comments.

He's on a bit of a hiding to nothing going there, it seems like.

That's utterly bizarre given CEOs generally are  aquired for their business accumen but kinda says more about them I suppose. 

On 31/08/2024 at 18:27, AW saint said:

Not bad from a player most fans would have chased in his first season. 

Toyosi may not be the best striker to have worn the stripes but he is a good lad and has improved massively. 

the particular elements of his play that impress me; are, that he chases everything, never ever gives up, has speed to burn, and seems to me to be fairly well grounded .......... not a billy big baws, if you will pardon the ex[ression

12 hours ago, Torfason said:

Watching this, he isn’t scoring worldies, he’s just finishing really well from being in the right position to score.

He is a natural finisher and if Robbo can get him playing anywhere close to his potential, we have a great striker 👍🏼

https://youtu.be/e_4cNbVs-KY?si=nQCwS0bsCk4-N2M8

He's what we have needed and hopefully he finds that hunger again.

14 hours ago, jaybeee said:

the particular elements of his play that impress me; are, that he chases everything, never ever gives up, has speed to burn, and seems to me to be fairly well grounded .......... not a billy big baws, if you will pardon the ex[ression

Hopefully the club are working towards an extended contract for him. He's already off to as good a start as last season. 

Never thought after seeing him make his debut how important a player he would become.

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Would Charles Dunne do us a job? 🤞🤞

Do you need someone to constantly try a cross field pass, but for it never to hit the target? 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

😅 We need a hard c**t cb , that dominates in the air, preferably quick 

Has good pace, so digs him out of the odd brain fart. I always thought he was pretty suspect positionally, especially when marking the back post.

Generally well liked but don’t think many were sad to see him go.

9 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He is fast enough to cover most of his mistakes. Only has one pass in him and that is to the opposite opposition corner flag. Tries hard. Great guy though. 

Dunne definitely could do a job for just about any team in this league, and I'm surprised he's not picked up a gig yet. It would seem like an obvious fit for both, he needs a contract and St Johnstone desperately need some quality in that squad.

43 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Dunne is a slightly below average centre half who is brought up a couple of levels by his blistering pace. 

I've said before that once the pace goes he'll drop through the divisions like a stone. As it currently stands though, he'd do as an option for most of the sides in the league and would probably start most games for a team expecting to be at the bottom end.

His Hollywood passing is a sight to behold though. Thinks he prime Beckham with the amount of 70 yard cross field diagonals he tries.