The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

@Arch Stanton Further to what we talked about last week - Dynamic Pricing for OF fans ( Fuck 'em)  wanting to attend Saints games at GHR I see Valencia are intending to introduce DP for their home games!

Edited by btb

12 minutes ago, btb said:

@Arch Stanton Further to what we talked about last week - Dynamic Pricing for OF fans ( Fuck 'em)  wanting to attend Saints games at GHR I see Valencia are intending to introduce DP for their home games!

I totally disagree with the concept. Prices should be set at the initial point of sale.

I realise that was probably said in jest bit evenfor fans of those two clubs, I couldn't support dynamic pricing.

It's quite worrying to see teams try it, seems like a slippery slope. Seeing Spurs (and others) starting to get rid of concessions, now this. It's horrendous. Football, certainly at the top level, is eating itself.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I realise that was probably said in jest bit evenfor fans of those two clubs, I couldn't support dynamic pricing.

It's quite worrying to see teams try it, seems like a slippery slope. Seeing Spurs (and others) starting to get rid of concessions, now this. It's horrendous. Football, certainly at the top level, is eating itself.

Also seen Aston Villa are charging £360 for a disabled parking space for this season and some tickets were £90 for their champions league games ....

3 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Also seen Aston Villa are charging £360 for a disabled parking space for this season and some tickets were £90 for their champions league games ....

Unforgivable. For all we moan about Scottish football at times, thank god we're miles away from shite like that. 

Aye, no chance I'm supporting or backing any form of dynamic pricing at any level.

It's something that needs to be shot down ASAP and folk will only do so by voting with their feet. Unfortunately for all the controversy over Oasis tickets, those in charge won't give a shiny shit about complaints as they still sold out in a few hours so have free reign to carry on.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 06/09/2024 at 00:24, zildjian said:

I know this a random post but a tik toc came up on my feed of someone explaining why a defender takes the goal kick and passes to goalie. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZGewbTsB3/

Pep Guardiola's tactical approach has honestly killed top level football as a spectacle for me. Creativity and genuinely exciting players at that level have been replaced with mindless possession machines who will pass the ball sideways rather than run at a man.

Ball retention takes precedence above anything else.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Pep Guardiola's tactical approach has honestly killed top level football as a spectacle for me. Creativity and genuinely exciting players at that level have been replaced with mindless possession machines who will pass the ball sideways rather than run at a man.

He also started the trend for wearing over priced, student esque, terrible clobber on the touchline.

26 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He also started the trend for wearing over priced, student esque, terrible clobber on the touchline.

This guy was the real trendsetter - not surprising given he was in Dundee

Stainrod was remembered for his fedora and raincoat during 4-3 win over Rangers

14 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

I remember Celtic or rangers charging about £90 for the 3 home games package for the champions league and the kick up about that.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye. The most defensive, safe, manager on the planet who's entire gameplan is around reducing the risk of his side conceding, yet proclaimed some genius everyone should copy while being the only manager in history to have spent over £2bn on signings.

14yo wingers these days being taught to pass back to full backs FFS because it works at the very top level.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye, no chance I'm supporting or backing any form of dynamic pricing at any level.

It's something that needs to be shot down ASAP and folk will only do so by voting with their feet. Unfortunately for all the controversy over Oasis tickets, those in charge won't give a shiny shit about complaints as they still sold out in a few hours so have free reign to carry on.

Sadly it would seem that the people buying tickets at these obscene prices don't give a shiny shit about the prices either.

Obviously a big part of this, with respect to concert tickets, is fuelled by individuals with a great deal of disposable income, where money is no object.

However, there are people putting themselves in huge debt to purchase tickets to listen to over hyped drivel.

In terms of football, I think I get fair value from my season ticket, but if I did fancy going to away games again, the prices at the gates would certainly put me off.

We're just as bad. £27 is too much to pay to watch a game of football IMO.

The dynamic pricing idea stinks of profiteering.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. The most defensive, safe, manager on the planet who's entire gameplan is around reducing the risk of his side conceding, yet proclaimed some genius everyone should copy while being the only manager in history to have spent over £2bn on signings.

14yo wingers these days being taught to pass back to full backs FFS because it works at the very top level.

It's one of the most frustrating things to watch in football today.

I find myself exploding when a player with a clear option to run into space or to pass forward to a player making a run, stops and turns round to pass the ball back, where it inevitably gets passed laterally between a succession of defenders and any attacking momentum is lost.

We've been quite guilty of doing it of late.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I find myself exploding when a player with a clear option to run into space or to pass forward to a player making a run, stops and turns round to pass the ball back, where it inevitably gets passed laterally between a succession of defenders and any attacking momentum is lost.

You forgot to add onto the end…………and then eventually hoof it up the park. 

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

This guy was the real trendsetter - not surprising given he was in Dundee

I do like the look, even tried to pull it off in my late 20s, but don't mix black and tan unless it's a pint.