The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I don’t agree with a lot of what @Lex has said in the thread on this topic but I do an agree with him that there’s not any threat of Robbo being a target for any other Premiership club to be honest.

Hibs fans would never take to Robboball and it and when Gray does get bagged his replacement will almost certainly come from down South.

As much as I've been critical of our performance so far this season, I think it's a good decision to extend his contract.

I never called for Robbo to go when he first came to us and lost most of the games up to the end of the season, unlike some others.

48 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As much as I've been critical of our performance so far this season, I think it's a good decision to extend his contract.

I never called for Robbo to go when he first came to us and lost most of the games up to the end of the season, unlike some others.

It’s definitely the right move for Robbo and the club. He’s done a lot of his good work behind the scenes as well as delivering two top six finishes.

The work being done with the youth set up is massively important, as we will benefit from the way in which he and the now departed O’Carrol revamped the whole set up.

You don’t become a bad manager in a matter of a few weeks/ months.

We might need a season of consolidating our place in this league, with recruitment not nearly as successful as we have previously managed over the past couple of years.

I get the impression we might see a fair bit of activity in the Jan window if some of the recent recruits don’t find their feet, and show they are up to the job, and soon.

I still think the biggest threat to Robbo leaving us is if he was ever offered the Northern Ireland job. 

They were on a dreadful run in 2022 into 2023 but have been much better recently thankfully. Hopefully O'Neill stays there for years. 

55 minutes ago, AW saint said:

U18's win again tonight. 3-2 against Rangers. 

Another goal from Mooney and Thommo's son

I think we have struck a wee bit of gold with the current squad of 18’s.

It would be brilliant to see as many as possible come through the pathway and make it to the first team squad. 

It’s further proof that the Academy is working well.