The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Awright VT mate? I've not heard much from you recently, as you've completely shat it and failed to materialise in any meaningful threads for the past couple of months. Spineless c**t. Ripping the piss out of Brechin and Raith fans doesn't count. The record will always show that you can dish out the trolling, but have shat it and hid when the tables turn.

Anyway, we are preparing for life in the top flight while your joke of a club has no manager, a dwindling fanbase and you're failing to offer contracts to your best players who are deserting like rats from a sinking ship. Relegation and part time football surely beckon.

Discernible upward trajectory, indeed.

Get it right round ye.

Gloriously Cathartic.

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Awright VT mate? I've not heard much from you recently, as you've completely shat it and failed to materialise in any meaningful threads for the past couple of months. Spineless c**t. Ripping the piss out of Brechin and Raith fans doesn't count. The record will always show that you can dish out the trolling, but have shat it and hid when the tables turn.

Anyway, we are preparing for life in the top flight while your joke of a club has no manager, a dwindling fanbase and you're failing to offer contracts to your best players who are deserting like rats from a sinking ship. Relegation and part time football surely beckon.

Get it right round ye.

He’s not been near one of our threads for months, and you are absolutely spot on he’s shat it in monumental style.  :lol:

12 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Get it right round ye.

BOOM! Mic drop...thank you and goodnight!:thumsup2:lol:

49 minutes ago, Stu said:

Not again!!!!!! Better get used to this I suppose.

Lesson to be learned from how Jack conducted himself regarding Barnsley though. Showed respect by meeting them and gratefully withdrew. Look what happened to the guy they appointed .... If Ipswich don't have a pot to pi55 in that will be clear if/when he speaks with them and he can make his decision once he is equipped with some details.

Also, Jack has 2 years to go on his contract so buying him out of that plus compensation from any potential suitor will cost them, no matter how much that is by comparison to the numbers St Mirren is used to dealing with. If Ipswich don't have it they can't spend it.

Edited by DXBBud

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

I'm more in fear if Lennon walks from Hibs,  They'll come calling next!!

There's not a chance in hell that Lennon walks from Hibs. He's (rather skilfully, it must be said) deflected from the fact his team got beaten by their greatest rivals by throwing his toys out the pram (again).

Anyone who thinks Jack won’t take this job must live in a fantasy world. Big club known for stability giving managers time TV money is good in the English Championship. We need to be think who is next with us ? Robbie Nelson ? Livingston manager has to be one of them for me. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

2 hours ago, DXBBud said:

Not again!!!!!! Better get used to this I suppose.

Lesson to be learned from how Jack conducted himself regarding Barnsley though. Showed respect by meeting them and gratefully withdrew. Look what happened to the guy they appointed .... If Ipswich don't have a pot to pi55 in that will be clear if/when he speaks with them and he can make his decision once he is equipped with some details.

Also, Jack has 2 years to go on his contract so buying him out of that plus compensation from any potential suitor will cost them, no matter how much that is by comparison to the numbers St Mirren is used to dealing with. If Ipswich don't have it they can't spend it.

I go to see Ipswich about five teams a season. They are a brilliant club with great facilities. This would be a fantastic move for Ross.

Regards any finance there wouldn't be a problem. Under McCarthy there wasn't great finances in comparison to other Championship clubs, but Marcus Evans is loosening the purse strings to mount a promotion challenge. Evans has plenty of cash behind him and this is a move to get Ipswich into the Premiership. Interesting times ahead on this one.

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Anyone who thinks Jack won’t take this job must live in a fantasy world. Big club known for stability giving managers time TV money is good in the English Championship. We need to be think who is next with us ? Robbie Nelson ? Livingston manager has to be one of them for me. 

Let's hope someone else gets offered the job !!

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

I go to see Ipswich about five teams a season. They are a brilliant club with great facilities. This would be a fantastic move for Ross.

Regards any finance there wouldn't be a problem. Under McCarthy there wasn't great finances in comparison to other Championship clubs, but Marcus Evans is loosening the purse strings to mount a promotion challenge. Evans has plenty of cash behind him and this is a move to get Ipswich into the Premiership. Interesting times ahead on this one.

Yeah, whereas Barnsley and Dundee felt like weird moves, this one has a solid feel to it.

I hope it happens now, rather than any further into the window, and that we find a great replacement.

10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Jack wasn’t first choice. Let’s hope there are other names in the mix.

Danny Cowley, Tony Mowbray, Tim Sherwood, Alan Pardew, Simon Grayson, Paul Cook, Paul Hurst, Shefki Kuqi, Terry Butcher, George Burley

Fingers crossed!

Danny Cowley, Tony Mowbray, Tim Sherwood, Alan Pardew, Simon Grayson, Paul Cook, Paul Hurst, Shefki Kuqi, Terry Butcher, George Burley
Fingers crossed!

Heard Paul Cook was first choice but he signed a new deal with Wigan.

47 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Heard Paul Cook was first choice but he signed a new deal with Wigan.

1 hour ago, CamaroSaint said:

Fingers crossed!

Sherwood has been interviewed.

1 hour ago, CamaroSaint said:

Fingers crossed!

Thing is Ipswich have asked St Mirren permission to speak to Jack , permission granted. 

I was absolutely sure Ross wouldn't join Barnsley, and I am on record as saying I don't think he'd move until at least one season in the Premiership with us, but Ipswich is a very different prospect to Barnsley. The chance to join a team that is in a position, and has the resources, to challenge for the English Premiership might be a bit too good to pass up.

The positive thing from our point of view is that as he'd just signed a new contract we'd be due a decent slice of cash in compensation should he move on. Not that I want him to, of course, but add in any money from a possible (pretty likely?) transfer of (J) McGinn, and we could be looking at next season with a stuffed bank balance but no manager.

Edited by Buddist Monk