The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

It would be a bare faced cheek.

It definitely doesn’t bear thinking about. 

I was pretty sure I'd misspelt that, but after double figures of Guinness i really couldn't be fucked amending it.

Didn't think any plampf would correct me.

6 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Spelling plampf is a triumph. 
My worry is we are playing a team we haven’t beaten yet this season and they haven’t won a game on grass…… yet 

We're not losing. 

5 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

My worry is we are playing a team we haven’t beaten yet this season and they haven’t won a game on grass…… yet 

It is always a worry when a team without an away win rolls up.

We should win though as long as we keep Armstrong quiet and don't give away daft set pieces, as that's really the only way Killie score.

19 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

They’re utter pish.

As a neutral I think the odds (evens), is free money.

You’re great at home, they’ve won NONE away.  
Evens?

Easy. 

26 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Getting MoH to sign up until 2026 could be one of the best pieces of business we do this decade. If there's a release clause in his contract then fingers crossed it's at least £1 million.

Indeed.

Any team out with the arse cheeks would kill to have him as part of their midfield.

Except Motherwell of course, as all he does is score penalties apparently.:lol:

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Any team out with the arse cheeks would kill to have him as part of their midfield.

When we signed him I thought we had got a competent, bottom 6 standard midfielder, but he's been a stand out this season. 

9/1 for bottom six finish now.

1/16 for top six.

This is going to be a big one for us. A point gets us there but if we've really any ambition for getting into one of those European places, three points are an absolute must.

We're potentially just about still clinging onto Aberdeen on the basis that they have Rangers next week - which is not a given for Rangers by any means - but if the result goes as expected and we also win, we pull to within 3 points of them for the start of the split.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

I know I did previously, but it's hard to argue against O'Hara for POTY now.

Consistency, hard work, leading by example and showing real quality. 

Carson flying under the radar a wee bit, brilliant penalty save yesterday, Strain again really good and vital to our game plan in getting good crosses into the box but I'd be surprised if O'Hara doesn't win the majority of poty awards now. 

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I cant even believe there is a rational combination of results that makes that possible?

Hibs to win/draw in Perth, Livi to win at Tannadice and us to lose to Killie is the only combination that would see us bottom six.

Unlikely but definitely still possible.