The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Glad my theory he was lining himself up for a move away was nonsense.

Though it's shameful we have given such a long contract extension to the guy responsible for loaning out Brophy and Henderson.

Excellent news. I was getting so fed up with our Managers leaving just as I had renewed my season ticket. Makes a very nice change. Just need to draw a line under this nonsense about Kibble, so we can all pull in the same direction. COYS!

53 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Best signings we could hope for this summer!

It really is.

The bigger picture is that whilst not THE deciding factor, he'll have a lot easier selling of SMFC to players when he tells them he's been here 18 months and has just signed an extension to stay for another three years.

People like that stability, that reassurance that the guy who's trying to bring them here is intent on staying. I don't think that's something we've ever been able to give as a selling point to players. 

The additional benefit created by this news is that the players still currently under contract now know that there is stability within our management structure. This could also strengthen our case for attracting signing targets. 

👍

4 hours ago, Kempes said:

Excellent news. I was getting so fed up with our Managers leaving just as I had renewed my season ticket. Makes a very nice change. Just need to draw a line under this nonsense about Kibble, so we can all pull in the same direction. COYS!

How many times has this happened ?

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It really is.

The bigger picture is that whilst not THE deciding factor, he'll have a lot easier selling of SMFC to players when he tells them he's been here 18 months and has just signed an extension to stay for another three years.

People like that stability, that reassurance that the guy who's trying to bring them here is intent on staying. I don't think that's something we've ever been able to give as a selling point to players. 

Indeed: we've not had this sort of security since Tom Hendrie signed a five-year deal... 😜

When Robinson resigned from the Motherwell job he said he'd taken the club as far as he could. After guiding us to our highest position in 40 years, I was slightly concerned that history might repeat and he'd hold off from a contract extension. Delighted that hasn't turned out to be the case, stability is so important.

Looking like no pre-season games in Paisley.

Wed. 28th June - Glentoran (a)

Sat. 1st July - Linfield (a)

Tue. 4th July - Dumbarton (a)

Sat. 8th July - Morton (a)

----------------------

Sat. 15th July - Montrose (a)

Sat. 22nd July - Arbroath (h)

Tue. 25th July - Cowdenbeath (a)

Sat. 29th July - Forfar (h)