The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I'd think Hemming will be coming in as a number two to compete with Carson for the starting jersey.

It's a bit harsh on Urminsky as it was his debut but his performance against Rangers was pretty terrifying.

5 minutes ago, Div said:

I'd think Hemming will be coming in as a number two to compete with Carson for the starting jersey.

It's a bit harsh on Urminsky as it was his debut but his performance against Rangers was pretty terrifying.

Urminsky has got to the stage where he needs to go out and play to see if it’s worthwhile keeping him around. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head out on loan to either the Championship or League to play 30+ games.

The lack of reserve football is probably stunting his growth. The Rangers game was likely his first full game in nearly a year.

Edited by SS77

I'm fully of the belief that if the money we get up front for Baccus was £275k or so, we should be giving it to Robinson to reinvest on top of what he already has in his budget.

£275k is definitely not an earth shattering amount of money, the need to balance the books has now gone and honestly, I'd trust him with a bit of cash to spend that he could unearth a couple of sellable assets for the club.

Just now, SS77 said:

Urminsky has got to the stage where he needs to go out and play to see if it’s worthwhile keeping him around. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head out on loan to either the Championship or League to play 30+ games.

He went to Stenny a couple of seasons back and they absolutely loved him. A move to a club in middle of championship or upper league 1 would be ideal for him and for us.

So, to sum up......................

We only received £250K, plus add ons for Baccus.

O'Hara is off to the green bigots.

Carson has fallen out with his mentor Robinson and is off to Dundee or the other shower of diddy no hopers that come from there.

Smashing!

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

So, to sum up......................

We only received £250K, plus add ons for Baccus.

O'Hara is off to the green bigots.

Carson has fallen out with his mentor Robinson and is off to Dundee or the other shower of diddy no hopers that come from there.

Smashing!

And we've had two bids so far knocked back for McMenamin. 

35 minutes ago, Div said:

The answer to solving a developing player that isn't going to develop to the level we need them, is not to bring in another developing player that isn't going to develop to the level we need them.

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

And we've had two bids so far knocked back for McMenamin.

Wait.. 😟 ..you mean clubs can actually hold out for more money in a transfer negotiation? That's crazy. I wonder if we've ever thought about doing that.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Wait.. 😟 ..you mean clubs can actually hold out for more money in a transfer negotiation? That's crazy. I wonder if we've ever thought about doing that.

Talks with Bolton have been on-going for several days and have seen the League One side significantly up their bid.

:whistle

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

The answer to solving a developing player that isn't going to develop to the level we need them, is not to bring in another developing player that isn't going to develop to the level we need them.

Hemming played a full season in the Championship with Kilmarnock, playing all 36 games, and was their player of the year that season. He also played 10 games in the Premiership last term.

Whether he's any good or not is open to debate, but he's far more experienced than Urminsky is and they are pretty much the same age.

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

Can I ask where this Carson is leaving rumour started? Also who said it’s Hemmings has this been confirmed. I’d really hope it’s as back up if at all

It’s from the same guy that started the £275k for Baccus rumour so it must be true!!

Hemming is 23. Young for a keeper, there's every possibility he'll improve if fact, I'd say it's likely he'll improve.

From a quick scan on Wikipedia, it looks like Hemming has played more games than Carson had at his age.

Hemming coming in as number 2, with the idea that he'll hopefully progress enough to be number 1 in a year or two seems like a reasonable move. We're not in a position to have two keepers ok the payroll that are completely interchangeable. 

22 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

I will say it again. 250k for Bacchus is shit

You can say it 100 more times, it won't change anything. This is the situation we're in so we need to move on and strengthen.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Hemming is 23. Young for a keeper, there's every possibility he'll improve if fact, I'd say it's likely he'll improve.

From a quick scan on Wikipedia, it looks like Hemming has played more games than Carson had at his age.

Hemming coming in as number 2, with the idea that he'll hopefully progress enough to be number 1 in a year or two seems like a reasonable move. We're not in a position to have two keepers ok the payroll that are completely interchangeable. 

The issue is that Hemming will be on a hefty wage as he’s still on Middlesbrough’s books.