The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, McG said:

Fuad Sule a free agent, he was heading to us at 1 point and preferred a move to us over a move down south but not haven’t heard a thing since.

Sule is a weird one. I genuinely felt he'd have been announced really quickly after the opening of the window.

Incidentally,  I watched a video through the week of Glentoran playing eventually champions Larne and winning 4-0 earlier in the season. McMenamin scored two and set two up but he absolutely turns Sule inside out at the second goal.

5 minutes ago, McG said:

Fuad Sule a free agent, he was heading to us at 1 point and preferred a move to us over a move down south but not haven’t heard a thing since.

I was under the impression it was a done deal, his contract expired yesterday, so we might still be signing him.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Sule is a weird one. I genuinely felt he'd have been announced really quickly after the opening of the window.

Incidentally,  I watched a video through the week of Glentoran playing eventually champions Larne and winning 4-0 earlier in the season. McMenamin scored two and set two up but he absolutely turns Sule inside out at the second goal.

Yeah i expected him to be 1 of the 1st we announced since it’s been reported since April/May we were favourites to land him, think it was Linfield, Forrest Green and ourselves after him but he seemingly preferred a move to ourselves.

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I was under the impression it was a done deal, his contract expired yesterday, so we might still be signing him.

Maybe you’re right mate. Would be a good option to have, sounds a bit like Gogic and would be able to play that role well if Gogic was filling in at centre half.

Just now, McG said:

Maybe you’re right mate. Would be a good option to have, sounds a bit like Gogic and would be able to play that role well if Gogic was filling in at centre half.

He is most likely the main option to replace Baccus who we all thought would be sold by now. 

We definitely need more options and depth in the squad, so it would be a sensible option to get him in. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We need to sign this guy.

McMenamin I mean, not Sule.

43 minutes ago, McG said:

Perhaps waiting on our return from NI

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

4th goal a Sule OG?

McMenamin looks good, hope we can get him

Just now, AW saint said:

Perhaps waiting on our return from NI

Perhaps mate. I think if we sign him it means we won’t need a centre half as Gogic is more than competent at filling in there.

5 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think the three players we are hoping to sign are Bedeau , Sule and McMenamin. 

Bedeau is a left footed centre half. We already have Dunne and Taylor. Would assume we will go back for Bedeau next summer. I would say it's McMenamin, Fletcher and possibly Sule 

9 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think the three players we are hoping to sign are Bedeau , Sule and McMenamin. 

Definitely not Bedeau now with Dunne resigning. Reckon we are waiting on mcmenamin, sule and another striker which could be Fletcher or another. 

4 minutes ago, medals said:

C.M, S.F. or C.M. plus A.N other

My dad saw something on FB saying Main was reconsidering his options. Not sure how much truth is in it though.

Still need a left wing back and centre back.

In all honesty, if it was a straight choice between Steven Fletcher and Curtis Main, what is people's preference?

I feel Fletcher is a shorter term option that could grab goals in this side but Main is so tailor made to the way we play.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In all honesty, if it was a straight choice between Steven Fletcher and Curtis Main, what is people's preference?

I feel Fletcher is a shorter term option that could grab goals in this side but Main is so tailor made to the way we play.

Main for me, knows the club/manager/ players and like you said is tailor made for the way we play.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I feel Fletcher is the more natural finisher of the two, but Main was superb last season. 

Both.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Probably Main. He is a known quantity, we know how he fits in the team and what he can do. We could sign Fletcher and he turns out to be utter pants in our team.

If we can get McMenamin aswell we could have a real threat up front

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Main knows SF is a possibility that would end our interest in him.

However, I think Main would add more goals with the other C.M. providing assists and a real partnership, different to the other options we have. (I think C. Mc M will visit Monday and be announced then or on Tuesday)

Think we will bring in another midfielder and  a defender or 2. 

Once the squad is sorted a Strain extension is the next priority. 

Edited by medals