The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Thing is, it's a pretty big impasse.

If he wants away then a club will need to stump up the cash for him. Will a club pay a six figure fee for a 35 year old? He's got a full two years left as well so not like he can just sit it out.

We hold all the cards on this.

I'm clearly not ITK. Can anyone enlighten me on what the issue is.

2 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

I'm clearly not ITK. Can anyone enlighten me on what the issue is.

He took the huff because he was rested for the Rangers game at the end of last season, which his staunch family had come over from Ireland to watch. Allegedly.

2 hours ago, Mac28 said:

What are we expecting today? McMenamin scarf photo? Away strip reveal? Nahmani arrives at club? Fletcher signed? Absolute silence from the club? 🤣

Well, I did predict a few pages ago that St Mirren were edging towards a quadruple-whammy, not seen since Haining, Dargo, Mason & Howard were revealed as Paisley’s answer to Westlife… it’s happening. McMenamin, Nahmani, Fletcher, all wearing the new Macron away shirt.

Bookmark it. Or don’t. Might just be one big reveal. Pie Sports announcing a new tofu & quinoa pie for 2023/24.

Albiet Hemming barely had to work up a sweat on Tuesday night, and I'm not sure that he had to make more than one stop, he looked fine.  His kicking was good, he commanded his box well enough, and he looked comfortable overall.

If Carson doesn't want to play for the club, show him the door.

Carson will want to sort things out with Robbo . No bonuses if he s not playing or not on the bench . If he,s not in the starting eleven he will still get bonuses if he,s on the bench . That will be money he wont want to miss . If he does go , we need it sorted soon in time to get a replacement . Can see him staying snd fighting for his place though . Another couple of Signings and he will be counting all those win bonuses he could be getting. 

13 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Carson will want to sort things out with Robbo . No bonuses if he s not playing or not on the bench . If he,s not in the starting eleven he will still get bonuses if he,s on the bench . That will be money he wont want to miss . If he does go , we need it sorted soon in time to get a replacement . Can see him staying snd fighting for his place though . Another couple of Signings and he will be counting all those win bonuses he could be getting. 

I suppose it depends on whether Carson has got his agent sounding out clubs in the north of England, where his wife and kids are.

If there are interested clubs willing to part with six figures then he may prefer that option rather than patching things up.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose it depends on whether Carson has got his agent sounding out clubs in the north of England, where his wife and kids are.

If there are interested clubs willing to part with six figures then he may prefer that option rather than patching things up.

Can't see us getting much more than £30k . That's about as much as Carlisle,  Hartlepool,  Barrow etc can pay . But I think your right , Carsons agent will have been trying hard to get him a move . 

Edited by MenstrieSaint

5 minutes ago, medals said:

Imagine we have 3 players who will hit double figures this season.

O'H  , C. M. and ??

Tough season ahead trying to be top 6 again, but more goals will surely help.

Would like us to try and keep Baccus and Strain this transfer window and target a strong start to the season .

10 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would like us to try and keep Baccus and Strain this transfer window and target a strong start to the season .

Think most of us agree.

Baccus would have gone if he did not get injured. He might still, but whether we take in cash or keep him; these are both positives.

Strain, want to keep him for sure. No rumours as yet.

Strain would be a huge loss.

There was a lot of chat about valuations for Baccus, but I reckon Strain is our prized asset by some distance.  Only worth what someone will pay for him, but anything less than £500K would be robbery!

I really, really hope he stays.

2 hours ago, Drooper said:

Albiet Hemming barely had to work up a sweat on Tuesday night, and I'm not sure that he had to make more than one stop, he looked fine.  His kicking was good, he commanded his box well enough, and he looked comfortable overall.

If Carson doesn't want to play for the club, show him the door.

To be honest, if this is his attitude then I’m not fussed if he goes. As good as he was last season he isn’t in control and why should he grudge the guy who sat in the stands all season AND who he’s trained with, a run out in a meaningless game against a 10 year old club. 
The worst outcome is if he digs his heels in and sits on the bench taking a wage for the next year and doing nothing. 

Edited by Lola montez

10 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

To be honest, if this is his attitude then I’m not fussed if he goes. As good as he was last season he isn’t in control and why should he grudge the guy who sat in the stands all season AND who he’s trained with, a run out in a meaningless game against a 10 year old club. 
The worst outcome is if he digs his heals in and sits on the bench taking a wage for the next year and doing nothing. 

A years loan deal with option to buy may be best option 

30 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

The worst outcome is if he digs his heals in and sits on the bench taking a wage for the next year and doing nothing. 

If he does that for 6 months and Hemming is doing fine, then he'd get a January move.

You'd have to think his agent will talk some sense to him, especially if he can't procure a suitable alternative. 

13 minutes ago, medals said:

If he does that for 6 months and Hemming is doing fine, then he'd get a January move.

You'd have to think his agent will talk some sense to him, especially if he can't procure a suitable alternative. 

What age is he 6 fucking big baby.

14 hours ago, Hendo said:

He took the huff because he was rested for the Rangers game at the end of last season, which his staunch family had come over from Ireland to watch. Allegedly.

For a guy that I assume lives his life on the No Surrender side of the fence he’s certainly surrendered his place in the squad pretty easily.