The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Nah they'll be through regardless, surely? Plus they'll probably fancy their chances against us 😂.

We really need to get our shit together with this competition. No excuses for constantly making a meal of these groups.

This is not new. I was at Forfar when we got humped 5-1 years ago. East Kilbride a few years ago, when we won on penalties. Plenty of others over the decades. I have always feared any lower league side away, St Mirren just don’t blow these sides away. Never have done

7 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

This is not new. I was at Forfar when we got humped 5-1 years ago. East Kilbride a few years ago, when we won on penalties. Plenty of others over the decades. I have always feared any lower league side away, St Mirren just don’t blow these sides away. Never have done

Didn't we lose the shootout at EK ?

Seems like our away form from last season is continuing. Should've put about 8 past Arbroath on Saturday yet lose to Montrose and labour to a 1-0 at Cowdenbeath. 

I expect we'll beat Forfar on Saturday (then probably lose away to someone shit in the next round)

14 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

St Mirren just don’t blow these sides away. Never have done

Unless they are East Stirling

I can remember us beating them 7-0 with Martin Cameron scoring 5

And we beat them 6-3 on their own patch with Billy Mehmet also scoring 5, albeit I think ES made a comeback during that game to give us a scare?

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

I suspect a replacement for Gallagher is already set up., 

Yeah. I don't think for a second we're going to be held up from getting a fee and a big earner off the bill.

If Dunne is longer term, we look into the loan market to replace him I guess! But hopefully not case and he is weeks instead of months.

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Josh Kayode is supposedly signing tomorrow (according to someone on B&W Army).

According to the guy who drives the team bus who has provided a fair amount of duff info in the past to be honest.

Not saying its not Kayode, saying I'll believe it when I see it.

Can see Strapp signing soon . He can fit in at left back and cover left central defence . We do though need a solid midfielder and another attacking option . Wonder who we have lined up to strengthen the central defence if big Dec goes. 

Edited by MenstrieSaint

2 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

To all those mentioning Bedeau...surely we don't go with 3 left footed centre halves. Think Bedeau was the potential Dunne replacement. If we lose Gallacher (and Shaughnessy) we need a similar replacement 

I've not seen him play , but left footed players can play centre half , between a right footed central defender and a left footed central defender in a back three .