The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, AW saint said:

It would be difficult to get a player who is anywhere near strain. He is outstanding. Cannot believe a big money offer hasn't came in already. 

Strain is top drawer

If I was the club I would be looking at offering Strain a massive signing on fee to sign a new deal for us so we can get some serious cash In for him as the offers will come.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Lewis Jamieson seems unwilling (or unable) to cross the ball with his right foot. Either way it's peculiar that Robinson played him on the right side of the park - the Forfar defenders were aware that he would always cut inside to cross the ball with his left foot.

Likely Robinson forcing him into a sink or swim situation to see how he adapts. What will he do when the defence has it sussed? 

Aswell doing it before the league season starts.

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Thoughts Saints fans… 

I have room for a relatively cheap option as striker in my FFS team.

I’m thinking Mandron or Nachmani, or maybe Bruce Anderson.

Of the Saints lads, the best option? 
Mandron’s goals record isn’t the best? 

Stav is yer man! 
He is gonna take this league by storm. 
3rd place is ours this year! 😂 

9 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Thoughts Saints fans… 

I have room for a relatively cheap option as striker in my FFS team.

I’m thinking Mandron or Nachmani, or maybe Bruce Anderson.

Of the Saints lads, the best option? 
Mandron’s goals record isn’t the best? 

Stav, he’s still not fit and is only 20, going to get better with games and he will bag goals.

Not being disrespectful here but to be calling one of your goals a thing of beauty is bonkers. We absolutely gifted you all 4 goals today by defending absolutely atrociously. Had our defender just hoofed it up the park instead of trying stupid Tika Taka nonsense in the our own half under pressure the chance would never have materialised.

Yes you dominated the game & rightly so given the gap between the two clubs. 

on to the positives 

First visit to the ground & it’s a decent wee stadium & the pitch looked absolutely perfect, credit to the groundsman. 
Was impressed with Strain, & Mandron. Mandron just kept finding space wherever he went, we struggled to keep him under control at all. Keep him fit & supply him with chances I think he’ll be a massive asset for this season. 

6 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not being disrespectful here but to be calling one of your goals a thing of beauty is bonkers. 

I enjoy every goal we score - every single one is a thing of beauty no matter how they occur. We have seen our team capitulate to lower league opponents on more occasions than I care to remember. 
Hope you had a good day out.

Sorry it was only 4😊 

Beers would have been on @djchapsticks had we scored 5. 

He was the one Saints fan booing at the end of the game.

11 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not being disrespectful here but to be calling one of your goals a thing of beauty is bonkers. We absolutely gifted you all 4 goals today by defending absolutely atrociously. Had our defender just hoofed it up the park instead of trying stupid Tika Taka nonsense in the our own half under pressure the chance would never have materialised.

on to the positives 

First visit to the ground & it’s a decent wee stadium & the pitch looked absolutely perfect, credit to the groundsman. 
Was impressed with Strain, & Mandron. Mandron just kept finding space wherever he went, we struggled to keep him under control at all. Keep him fit & supply him with chances I think he’ll be a massive asset for this season. 

Come on our second goal was a thing of beauty. The overhead flick from Strain followed by neat one 2 play was a joy to watch. Yes your defending was poor but that was a good goal. 

I wish you a good season but you offer very little up top. 

15 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

on to the positives 

But the Motherwell fans all told us he was the worst player they'd ever seen??

15 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

on to the positives 

We probably should of scored at least 8 in the 1st half.

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Come on our second goal was a thing of beauty. The overhead flick from Strain followed by neat one 2 play was a joy to watch. Yes your defending was poor but that was a good goal. 

I wish you a good season but you offer very little up top. 

I’ll watch it back on the highlights and my mind might change… just a bit deflated after that performance🤣

Offered little up top because of the gulf in class between the two sides today. Think against similar opposition in the league we’ll do just fine this season.

7 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I’ll watch it back on the highlights and my mind might change… just a bit deflated after that performance🤣

Offered little up top because of the gulf in class between the two sides today. Think against similar opposition in the league we’ll do just fine this season.

Really hope you do well. Great club and set of fans