The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

A bit of context. I don't think he says anything that should get our backs up to be honest.

He's had his pants pulled down by the agent and therefore Jamie too, so he's tried to save face after the rumours coming out saying it was a done deal ect. He was a player, he knows exactly how it works. Sadly its the way it goes, every club has been shafted.

Hopefully works in our favour this time if an English team gets him on a PCA and stump up a bigger fee than Aberdeen would have. 

Presumably McGrath's agent called Glass and said "Listen Stevie mate, I've spoken to Jamie and he's really concerned he won't be able to handle the pressure of playing for Aberdeen so we're going to look for a deal elsewhere."

f**k me. I get that he'll be far from happy at being used as leverage by an agent, but for f**k sake. At least make your excuse make some sense. A simple "we had a look, made an offer and he didn't give us an answer so we've removed the offer and are looking at other targets" would have done. Amateur stuff from a guy who has struggled with the pressures of being at Aberdeen.

The guy that sits next to me at games recently had 3 interviews lined up. Does he accept the offer from the 1st interview and forget about the other 2 especially when his skills are in demand? Or does he attend all the interviews then decide? Why does being a footballer not allow you to shop around for the deal that suits you best?

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

The only good thing about it is the road back out.

If I was being charitable, I'd say a particularly crispy rowie with a touch of butter is one of the finer things to come out of the place.

Not a nice place to live for all sorts of reasons.

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play, that's some opportunity for the lad considering he's coming from the New Zealand 2nd tier.

This is what gives me confidence. Why would we go to the trouble of bringing an absolute jobber half way round the world? Seems extreme if he's not really showing up well in trials.

Of course, the flip side is Jim's record for signing mediocre strikers, so who knows what we're getting here.