The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You couldn't possibly be more wrong with almost everything you have written there. First time for everything I suppose. I have no agenda, the idea that I am trying to out Robinson is just down right stupid. You ignore the evidence, yet meekly offer up that he must be good because he didn't lose a goal against poorer opposition in a pre-season friendly? That is just down right hypocrisy. You have chosen to ignore all the evidence in front of you, rather deciding to have a go at me because..? Honestly I don't know.

I honestly couldn't give two fucks what people thing my motivations are, Hemming is a dreadful choice and if he is #1 for this season, we will not be top 6. Feel free to bookmark this.

St Mirren may not be top six this coming season and that will not be down to Zach Hemming. Who will, I don't have a crystal ball like you.

I remember the major doubts some fans had when we sold Billy Thomson to Dundee United and Campbell Money became permanent number 1. 

In those days it was vocal mutterings on the terraces, pubs and supporters buses. 

That goalkeeper switch turned out not too bad. 

Big Isreal even scored some goals!

As others have said the goalkeeper is at the sharp end. Other players in the team are there to provide defensive cover. 

Sometimes even the best keepers are exposed to conceding goals as a result of poor defensive cover or mistakes elsewhere. 

I do hope that our players don’t read these forums to see such negative shite written by “supporters” before a ball is kicked in a competitive game!

I’m sure they do.

If you are reading this guys…..good luck for the season ahead. Work hard. Give everything for the squad, staff and the fans.

The manager has faith in your abilities and a huge majority of us will cheer you on through the good times and the bad as we would all love to be doing what you do!

C’mon the Saints! FTOF.

McMennamin deal off according to Scott Burns @ Sunsport.

I'm sure we have other targets in sight. 

Be interesting to know if the money we were willing to spend on him for a transfer fee was part of expected moneys from Henderson and Brophy or if it was money available on top of that?

7 minutes ago, McG said:

Pulling the plug on the mcmenamin deal it seems as we can’t reach an agreement according to Scott burns.

Both teams playing hardball . All part of the process . McMenamin asking for a transfer and Saints upping their bid by another £10k might swing it .

Edited by MenstrieSaint

23 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Both teams playing hardball . All part of the process . McMenamin asking for a transfer and Saints upping their bid by another £10k might swing it .

Yup, could be legit or could be good old fashioned brinksmanship.

This hasn't found it's way into the press by mistake.

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yup, could be legit or could be good old fashioned brinksmanship.

This hasn't found it's way into the press by mistake.

I doubt Glentoran are being thrown into a blind panic by our suggested withdrawal. If the boy is as good as being suggested I’m sure they’ll get their £100k from someone. Maybe us, maybe not. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I doubt Glentoran are being thrown into a blind panic by our suggested withdrawal. If the boy is as good as being suggested I’m sure they’ll get their £100k from someone. Maybe us, maybe not. 

Anything upwards of £75k will be a lot of money for Glentoran. They likely won’t get much more than that in their yearly prize money from the league.

2 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Anything upwards of £75k will be a lot of money for Glentoran. They likely won’t get much more than that in their yearly prize money from the league.

Appreciate that and agree but all I’m saying is if they’ve valued the boy at £100k, I don’t think us pulling out will panic then into letting him go for less than that. It’s still very early days and I’m sure they’ll get it in the end from some team. Can’t see them caving in at this early stage just because we’re threatening to pull out. 

Have every confidence Robinson will have us ready for the league Cup . Fletcher would be a coup Motherwell did get around £500,000 for Van Veen imagine they can throw more money at Fletcher than we can but fingers crossed. Saints have been decent with goal keepers even going back to the 70's if Carson goes he can be replaced. 

Apparently Bolton were offering wages no better than us for Baccus and his place in the national squad was under threat with this sideways move. Good to hear. And I doubt Hibs would be offering £500k for Baccus (inc add-ons).

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/hibernian-on-alert-as-baccus-backs-out-of-bolton-deal-597448

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

A six-figure fee for Brophy is fucking mental.

Fair play to the board for that.

Hendo next... not sure it compensated for his wages over the last few years but it's income for us.

Edited by medals