The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, SS77 said:

The Nahmani one was a done deal last week mate, Robbo will have been counting that one already. Offord will go out on loan IMO and Olusanya will be either freed or put out on loan. Leaves us with Nahmani, Ayunga, Greive and Jamieson. 

We’ll definitely still be in the market for 2 given that we won’t likely see Jonah fully fit til Christmas.

I was understanding that Jonah would be fit around September ? 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not convinced Nahmani wasn’t one of the two Robbo referred to. Although he knew he’d be signing, it hadn’t been announced yet.

Hope I’m wrong and you’re right. 

Can't see it. One more striker would leave us still pretty short of options up top.

We have been working on McMenamin and Fletcher deals at same time this week fully in knowledge Nahmani was done, so it's pretty obvious we're looking at adding a couple more up front.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

Sometime in October is latest prognosis.

He'll take several weeks to get back up to full match fit speed, though and it will be good to ease him back in rather than throw him in.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Can't see it. One more striker would leave us still pretty short of options up top.

We have been working on McMenamin and Fletcher deals at same time this week fully in knowledge Nahmani was done, so it's pretty obvious we're looking at adding a couple more up front.

Ah right ok. I wasn’t thinking of McMenamin as a striker. 👍

3 minutes ago, SS77 said:

The Nahmani one was a done deal last week mate, Robbo will have been counting that one already. Offord will go out on loan IMO and Olusanya will be either freed or put out on loan. Leaves us with Nahmani, Ayunga, Greive and Jamieson. 

We’ll definitely still be in the market for 2 given that we won’t likely see Jonah fully fit til Christmas.

I think whether we go for one or two more depends on the identity of the first one in the door. If we pull off a mad transfer coup and bring in an incredible, proven striker, then we might stick there and hope we get by till Ayunga is back.

As an aside, if we fail to get Fletcher, I wonder if we'd go back in for Watt. Chat about him seems to have died right down. Maybe United are hoping to keep him because he'd absolutely rip the piss in the Championship.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He mentioned in his interview last night that McMenamin was one of the strikers (even though he's a winger) that we were interested in and bid for.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think whether we go for one or two more depends on the identity of the first one in the door. If we pull off a mad transfer coup and bring in an incredible, proven striker, then we might stick there and hope we get by till Ayunga is back.

As an aside, if we fail to get Fletcher, I wonder if we'd go back in for Watt. Chat about him seems to have died right down. Maybe United are hoping to keep him because he'd absolutely rip the piss in the Championship.

I don’t want Watt back. Especially at what he’d likely cost.

I was pretty disappointed with him to be honest.

Whilst I’m not exactly pishin ma pants at the prospect of signing Fletcher, I think he’d be a significant upgrade on Watt. 

10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I think he’ll be back fit enough to join back training in September but for him to be fully fit after an ACL it’ll be December before he’s back playing regularly

Edited by SS77

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Would be nice if it were two strikers we were pursuing and McMenamin.  Would settle for one new striker if we keep Main .

So far it looks like Tait,   Shaunessy, Main , Carson  Small , Brophy and Henderson will need replaced . Probably Baccus too . 

We have brought in Nahmani and Hemmings , so I'm thinking we,re due another six signings . 

14 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Celtic get to host the Champions on the last day of the season. I wonder if they will provide a guard of honour.

Not sure we will know if they are hosting us that day until the post split fixtures come out. 
That would also mean three trips to parkhead. 

1 minute ago, DumbartonBud said:

Not sure we will know if they are hosting us that day until the post split fixtures come out. 
That would also mean three trips to parkhead. 

Yeah, but If we are 16 points ahead it might be their last game of the season and Brendan will have to pull the shutters down and put out the lights! 😉

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

So far it looks like Tait,   Shaunessy, Main , Carson  Small , Brophy and Henderson will need replaced . Probably Baccus too . 

We have brought in Nahmani and Hemmings , so I'm thinking we,re due another six signings . 

I’d say that Taylor is the ready made replacement for Shaughnessy, Henderson hardly figured and would be replaced by a youngster such as Taylor. Maybe just one player coming in to replace Tait / Small?

I reckon 3 new signings if Baccus stays - 2 forwards and a wing back (probably left sided)

Edited by Captain_Sensible

2 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

if Baccus stays 

Although I wasn't a fan of the fee that we had supposedly agreed with Bolton, it did at least bring some certainty to our transfer window. ie we've got cash and gaps in the squad to fill. I hope this Baccus situation doesn't rumble on like McGrath did two summers ago, when we ended up replacing him with Kiltie but then McGrath didn't leave.

Ideally need to get the majority of our major business done in the next week/10 days, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We may have to get points on the board early doors this season, as we have a fairly tough fixture list in late December/early January - including Hearts (A), Killie (H), Aberdeen (A), Celtic (H), Rangers (H), Hibs (A).

Basically making sure we won't be top six this season.