The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

29 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I don't usually bother getting involved in petty squabbles, but I have to back Elvis here. He didn't actually mention injury; he wrote 'out', which, it's reasonable to assume, means out of the team, i.e. people aren't glad he's injured but are glad he's not playing. Also he didn't say he personally was glad, but that loads of folk are - if I was to say 'loads more folk think St Mirren are shite', it doesn't mean that I agree with them. 

Here's my chance!

Finally, I am afforded the opportunity to use 'ergo' on Pie&Bovril!

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I've been waiting for ages for the highlights, thanks. I can't believe that the camera didn't pick up the goal, mind.

Thanks for that plesently surprised after reading some reports I thought it was going to be another Montrose performance . Granted its only highlights I would say we created chances that's a good thing.

Anyone heard an update on Kiltie  ?

Wasn't his best game for sure. Had a bit of a scary moment when he thought he'd shield the ball to run out for a goal kick and the Cowdenbeath player just goes right past him giving them a decent chance as a result. (Haven't watched the highlights, but thats what I remember from the game)

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

He should just adopt the Gogic bald look! We have already shipped out one defender for stupid haircut. 

I was talking about his defending and general play.….his haircut isn’t great either though.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

OK, go on then Drooper, just do it ......

Elvis is glad that Dunne is sidelined.

Dunne is sidelined with an injury.

Elvis is glad that Dunne is sidelined with an injury.

Ergo, Elvis is glad that Dunne is injured.

On 26/07/2023 at 16:12, Bobby_F said:

Always assumed that was a Celtic pub, and as such, have never been in it.

Generally not a fan of 'Irish' pubs outside of Ireland, where I believe they're just called 'pubs'.

What are your thoughts on Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants that aren’t in India, China or Italy? 

Genuine question by the way because I too don’t like “Irish pubs” but the way you positioned it there got me thinking.

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What are your thoughts on Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants that aren’t in India, China or Italy? 

Genuine question by the way because I too don’t like “Irish pubs” but the way you positioned it there got me thinking.

Walked into the Irish pub at the Merchant City a few years ago . Asked for a Malt. Sorry we only sell Irish Whisky . No problem went to another pub not been in another Irish pub since. No problem having a nice Irish nip but if your not going to sell Scottish whisky then you ain't getting my money. 

23 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

My thoughts on Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants is ‘yes please’… full stop. 😎

26 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Walked into the Irish pub at the Merchant City a few years ago . Asked for a Malt. Sorry we only sell Irish Whisky . No problem went to another pub not been in another Irish pub since. No problem having a nice Irish nip but if your not going to sell Scottish whisky then you ain't getting my money. 

I only ever go to Irish pubs when abroad on holiday. Always guaranteed a good night when there's a band on. Not yer Christy Moore terrorist sympathising shite obviously. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

LWB and Striker both been identified but in both cases we're at the mercy of the selling clubs.

Think this rules out Marshall or Strapp then.

Could we still be interested in Small ?