Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread


Recommended Posts

When Strain was suspended for the 4-0 St Johnstone game, Ryan Flynn played 87 minutes at RWB. Of all our reserve players, to me, he seems the best fit out there. Lacks Strain's flair going forward but is an experienced, tidy footballer. Also means McMenamin can play his more natural position further forward. Maybe SR will try that again tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

When Strain was suspended for the 4-0 St Johnstone game, Ryan Flynn played 87 minutes at RWB. Of all our reserve players, to me, he seems the best fit out there. Lacks Strain's flair going forward but is an experienced, tidy footballer. Also means McMenamin can play his more natural position further forward. Maybe SR will try that again tomorrow.

Flynn's pace bothers me. Tidy player indeed however up against Sima or Mutondo I have the fear. 

We need to win the midfield battle. Drop Kiltie back into the middle of the park to help Baccus and O'Hara. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow we need to play balls in behind, and start Toyosi and have McMenamin in the front 3 as well and probably Jonah.. Doing that we could put less emphasis on the right wing back position and probably play Bolton there as a stopper. They are honking with balls over the top, whatever choice of CB's they play. 

Having Taylor back will be a big plus, as he can pick a pass and maraud forward when he gets the chance. Dunne can do neither. 

Can still create and deliver down the left with Tanser. 

Baccus to keep it tight in the middle and hopefully O'Hara remembers how to lead by example.

Sima and Lammers are simply awful players, got to hope they both start. Should McCausland start, get him booted into the air early doors, the boy is quality.

Over to you Robbo...........😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, scam75 said:

Tomorrow we need to play balls in behind, and start Toyosi and have McMenamin in the front 3 as well and probably Jonah.. Doing that we could put less emphasis on the right wing back position and probably play Bolton there as a stopper. They are honking with balls over the top, whatever choice of CB's they play. 

Having Taylor back will be a big plus, as he can pick a pass and maraud forward when he gets the chance. Dunne can do neither. 

Can still create and deliver down the left with Tanser. 

Baccus to keep it tight in the middle and hopefully O'Hara remembers how to lead by example.

Sima and Lammers are simply awful players, got to hope they both start. Should McCausland start, get him booted into the air early doors, the boy is quality.

Over to you Robbo...........😆

That’s Sima and Lammers both scoring today then. 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really bad news about Ryan Strain. 

I believe this injury occurred on international duty. 

From what I can read online it there are complex compensation rules to cover this. It depends on the nature of the injury, how long they are out for and I don’t think it covers the first 28 days. 

However it might open up some additional money to bring in a replacement in January. 

Get well soon Ryan and please sign a new deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Unsurprising routine 2-0 for an ugly today. Wednesday though - need an away win in Perth and another routine 2-0 for an ugly… big night in regard to our aspirations of bettering last season’s Top 6 finish IMHO.

 

D3754F03-8C3E-4521-AD7B-327AB5D6D495.jpeg

Totally agree. Our form in Perth is poor so right now I would take a borefest last minute win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, so it’s sometime in the close season 2023, we expect an English team to snaffle up World Cup player Keanu Baccus. We don’t think we’ll manage to keep Ryan Strain. We see Curtis Main going to India, and we replace Carson with Hemming. Someone comes up to you and says ‘here’s the league table at December 3rd 2023 and it contains some whiffy performances and pish results along the way…. Want to sign?’

Anyone who says ‘nah, not interested, put your pen away’ is a liar. 😎 Merry Christmas, it’s the hope that kills ya’.

 

67F673DE-4AEB-4D51-9715-38EA7F1487C3.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

OK, so it’s sometime in the close season 2023, we expect an English team to snaffle up World Cup player Keanu Baccus. We don’t think we’ll manage to keep Ryan Strain. We see Curtis Main going to India, and we replace Carson with Hemming. Someone comes up to you and says ‘here’s the league table at December 3rd 2023 and it contains some whiffy performances and pish results along the way…. Want to sign?’

Anyone who says ‘nah, not interested, put your pen away’ is a liar. 😎 Merry Christmas, it’s the hope that kills ya’.

 

67F673DE-4AEB-4D51-9715-38EA7F1487C3.jpeg

We’re one point & three league positions better off this season than last at this stage.  Sure our overall form has dipped &  we’ve not hit the heights of the early part of the season but other teams will have dips in form also in the coming months.
Hopefully we can pick up a decent haul of points in December with a few home games to come.  COYS ⚽

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, callum-g said:

We’re one point & three league positions better off this season than last at this stage.  Sure our overall form has dipped &  we’ve not hit the heights of the early part of the season but other teams will have dips in form also in the coming months.
Hopefully we can pick up a decent haul of points in December with a few home games to come.  COYS ⚽

Trouble is other teams have passed their bad spells : Hibs, Hearts, Killie, Dundee and possibly the Fakes. Aberdeen are more likely to improve too.

Current form we're 3rd last.

Next 3 games for us could obviously bag us anything from 0 to 9 points. At the bottom end of that we'll sink into the lower reaches. At the top end 7 or 9 points we'll kick away from bottom 6.

At this stage I think it's crucial although the prizes are given out later.

Need to get O'Hara n Co back in their best form and further improve the squad in the window.

We need a better solution than Flynn or Conor at RB though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, medals said:

Trouble is other teams have passed their bad spells : Hibs, Hearts, Killie, Dundee and possibly the Fakes. Aberdeen are more likely to improve too.

Current form we're 3rd last.

Next 3 games for us could obviously bag us anything from 0 to 9 points. At the bottom end of that we'll sink into the lower reaches. At the top end 7 or 9 points we'll kick away from bottom 6.

At this stage I think it's crucial although the prizes are given out later.

Need to get O'Hara n Co back in their best form and further improve the squad in the window.

We need a better solution than Flynn or Conor at RB though.

We have little to no budget to spend in the window unless perhaps Baccus goes. 

Bolton is a right back we should use him. 

We need dig in the middle of the park. Someone to sit between O'Hara and CBM

The 3 up top is not currently working and we are light in midfield. Time to try sonething different. 

Hearts tweaked formation and they have now won their last 4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We have little to no budget to spend in the window unless perhaps Baccus goes. 

Use Bolton at right back. 

We need dig in the middle of the park. 

Hearts tweaked formation

There is always budget. There is always movement at the windows. (Bigger crowds, dear players away etc etc)

Bolton or Small? The later adds to our attack for sure if he can stay on the park.

Dig in midfield ought to be Goga but he's at CB. If Bolton or Dunne were good enough that would solve that, but SR clearly doesn't think so.

Formation tweaking is the managers perogative... players playing at or near their best though is what's needed most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...