The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

24 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

It does seem coincidental that our bad run has been within this period of time of internationals. 

I think Robbo recently said in an interview that we had done really well in the match immediately after international breaks but I’m sure although he is pleased that the players are being recognised at international level he’d rather they were not away. 
If you consider the travel Baccus, Grieve and Strain have endured over the last 15months it must take its toll on performance. 

Be interesting to see if SR persists with Conor at RWB (please NO) hope its Small

Taylor back too.

Tanser is apparently fit.

Hope we don't treat this as a must not lose game as we need to get back to winning and scoring goals.

C O Y S give us a lift please.

Edited by medals

50 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

That’s 3 games now where there’s not been a post match interview with the manager on the official website. Anybody know why? 

Don’t know why they’re not on the site but they’re all on the YouTube page

Loved that, after the 2nd goal, the first thing Gogic did was sprint like a madman to a ball-boy so that Jonah could do the baby celebration!

The CBM injury looked ominous. Seemed to know immediately what it was and you could see how frustrated he was.

The transfer window is not far away now. I think one thing we'll see is Fraser Taylor come back from Ballymena and be involved. By the end of the month, he'll have played 20-odd games this season, so should be good to go as a midfield option.

Surprised Tanser was playing after having to come off with a head knock during the week, tbh.

Guess football will eventually take head injuries seriously, but ReSuLtS COmE FiRst!!! Etc.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surprised Tanser was playing after having to come off with a head knock during the week, tbh.

Guess football will eventually take head injuries seriously, but ReSuLtS COmE FiRst!!! Etc.

St Mirren do follow protocol with head knocks.

We have history of keeping players sidelined after sustaining such injuries.

Mark O’Hara has historically had a number of head knocks and has been rested in the past a number of times. 

Had there been any indication that Scott was not fit he would not have started never mind finishing the game. 

Our back room physio team is brilliant and there is no way they would have risked Scott. I also believe our manager would not risk a players health for the sake of the club. 

We had options to replace Tanser. 

Seems like you might have experienced a head knock on our keyboard with the state of your last sentence.

7 minutes ago, Molotov said:

St Mirren do follow protocol with head knocks.

We have history of keeping players sidelined after sustaining such injuries.

Mark O’Hara has historically had a number of head knocks and has been rested in the past a number of times. 

Had there been any indication that Scott was not fit he would not have started never mind finishing the game. 

Our back room physio team is brilliant and there is no way they would have risked Scott. I also believe our manager would not risk a players health for the sake of the club. 

We had options to replace Tanser. 

Seems like you might have experienced a head knock on our keyboard with the state of your last sentence.

How lovely.

Protocol in football is that any head injury forcing a sub means the player is unavailable for at least 6 days, as head injuries are known to cause side effects at any point during that period, even if not noticeable within the first 24hrs.

You seem to have gotten defensive about St Mirren, when my point was more about football in general. They just ignore it completely and rush folk back as quick as possible because results are "more important".

Ive no idea why we didnt sub Kucheriavyi off straight after the incident with Tanser as it was clear he was done.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How lovely.

Protocol in football is that any head injury forcing a sub means the player is unavailable for at least 6 days, as head injuries are known to cause side effects at any point during that period, even if not noticeable within the first 24hrs.

You seem to have gotten defensive about St Mirren, when my point was more about football in general. They just ignore it completely and rush folk back as quick as possible because results are "more important".

Ive no idea why we didnt sub Kucheriavyi off straight after the incident with Tanser as it was clear he was done.

Levein should’ve taken Kucheriavyi off before he did but I thought referee should’ve forced the change in the first instance, he looked totally out the game when the physios were giving him treatment

8 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Levein should’ve taken Kucheriavyi off before he did but I thought referee should’ve forced the change in the first instance, he looked totally out the game when the physios were giving him treatment

Its not the referees job to make that call.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

How lovely.

No I clearly said that in my experience St Mirren would not risk a player with a head knock. 

Tanser lasted 45 minutes midweek.

Your player lasted 10minutes.
There was clearly a greater problem with your player following that incident. 

I don’t know why you are whinging about this. Not all head impacts are the same between players.

If St Mirren have not followed protocol midweek or yesterday then you crack on and complain to the relevant authorities.

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

No I clearly said that in my experience St Mirren would not risk a player with a head knock. 

Tanser lasted 45 minutes midweek.

Your player lasted 10minutes.
There was clearly a greater problem with your player following that incident. 

I don’t know why you are whinging about this. Not all head impacts are the same between players.

If St Mirren have not followed protocol midweek or yesterday then you crack on and complain to the relevant authorities.

Its not about whos head knock is worse, a head injury that forces a player to be subbed sees a recommendation of 6 days without a game and gradual easing back into training.

That means St Mirren have broken recommended concussion protocol by playing Tanser, no matter how flawless and brilliant everything about them is.

I wont "complain to authorities" because im not some strange little virgin, i just brought it up because clubs ignoring head injuries needs dealt with better than it does, but i guess when theyve got folk like yourself who'll just blindly back their decisions because you support them, then we'll never see change.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not about whos head knock is worse, a head injury that forces a player to be subbed sees a recommendation of 6 days without a game and gradual easing back into training.

That means St Mirren have broken recommended concussion protocol by playing Tanser, no matter how flawless and brilliant everything about them is.

I wont "complain to authorities" because im not some strange little virgin, i just brought it up because clubs ignoring head injuries needs dealt with better than it does, but i guess when theyve got folk like yourself who'll just blindly back their decisions because you support them, then we'll never see change.

I provided examples of St Mirren following protocol in the past to justify the decision to play Scott Tanser yesterday.

Perhaps I was defensive because I found your original message “ReSuLtS COmE FiRst” rather offensive given the impact brain injuries can have on speech and written communication comprehension. 

I’m certainly not ignorant to brain injuries in sport or life. Let’s not go down that road. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I provided examples of St Mirren following protocol in the past to justify the decision to play Scott Tanser yesterday.

Yes you did, which are in no way relevant to the decision to play Tanser.

Clubs will always prioritise winning games over it, and it feels like St Mirren done that with Tanser yesterday. If Kucheriavyi was a better player then we'd have played him yesterday.

The league needs to step in more as i feel like it something that gets abused more often than people realise. Im fairly certain Murray Davidson was coping fairly serious head knocks most weeks with us and just going straight back into it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have we? From what I can gather, Tanser was taken off on Wednesday night for purely precautionary measures rather than definitely being concussed.

Better to err on side of caution etc and Robinson said as much post match on Wednesday.