The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

The Sun reckon you’ve signed Dean Lyness - a goalkeeper who last played for Nuneaton. He went to Austria with us for pre-season but didn’t earn a deal and I think he had a trial at Aberdeen too prior to them signing Cerny. Probably about the best back up keeper you’d hope to get outside the window. 

What are you playing at ? The Random dude should be obsessing/telling us this info.:P

Edited by glenburn bud

We are poor though not as bad as you are making out. Obviously our game plan went right out the window with Kyle out on Friday then Baird out on warm up making Paul move to centre back Add in S McGinn carrying an injury that's a lot of problems to fix. I'm more optimistic I'm sure we will pick up points at home , not a lot but enough to keep us in the mix till January. 
Starting 11 we are alright not great, quality in squad depth is clearly lacking though.

No doubt the typical StMirren way is to thrash Hibs on Saturday now that I've said that [emoji23].

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

McShane's not even been getting picked for the reserves though. He looks to be totally bombed out. But yeah, he does seem like the obvious alternative.

He hasn't been fit. On the way back now, however.

Edited by Drooper

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Starting 11 we are alright not great, quality in squad depth is clearly lacking though.

No doubt the typical StMirren way is to thrash Hibs on Saturday now that I've said that emoji23.png.

:lol::lol::lol: No chance in hell that's happening other way around most certainly.

So if McGinn and Magennis are out, what do we do against Hibs?

I guess we’ll just have to pack the midfield and hope to nick a goal. Willock and Jones to come in? I know Jones can play CH but I thought he was a defensive mid first and foremost.

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Another striker and a goal scoring attacking midfielder arrived today for training with the squad.

It's possible that the striker is Simeon Jackson, capped 49 times for us (I know a Canada cap isn't worth that much given that Fraser Aird has 8 of them) but he's still a class striker (or at least was in 2011)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3261276/st-mirren-simeon-jackson-transfer-news-deal-hat-trick-bounce-game-oran-kearney/

Edited by senorsoupe

47 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

It's possible that the striker is Simeon Jackson, capped 49 times for us (I know a Canada cap isn't worth that much given that Fraser Aird has 8 of them) but he's still a class striker (or at least was in 2011)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3261276/st-mirren-simeon-jackson-transfer-news-deal-hat-trick-bounce-game-oran-kearney/

That is something given we cant create any chances. Sign him asap

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

That is something given we cant create any chances. Sign him asap

I genuinely hope it happens.  I've always been a fan of his, was really excited when he went to Norwich and scored in the Premier League for them but his career has not gone according to plan since leaving Carrow road.  Hopefully a move to Scotland can help rejuvinate his goal scoring.  

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

He’s been at the club since monday, the other striker arrived yesterday. 21 year old Striker from the Ivory Coast.

16 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Another striker and a goal scoring attacking midfielder arrived today for training with the squad.

Is that in addition to Jackson - so three trialists at the moment?

Cedric Gondo is the striker: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-boss-oran-kearney-13310406

Not exactly the most prolific record in recent years. Same as Jackson, although a hat-trick in a bounce game isn't to be sniffed at.

Just hope this is a bit more successful than the waifs and strays Tom Hendrie brought in during 2000/01 in a bid to sort our lack of goals.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Cedric Gondo is the striker: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-boss-oran-kearney-13310406

Not exactly the most prolific record in recent years. Same as Jackson, although a hat-trick in a bounce game isn't to be sniffed at.

Just hope this is a bit more successful than the waifs and strays Tom Hendrie brought in during 2000/01 in a bid to sort our lack of goals.

Yes 3 on trial at the moment, Jackson, Gondo and an ex Sheff Wed and Forrest midfielder.

46 minutes ago, Stu said:

Jackson to sign tomorrow all going well.