The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Cant believe we've signed Jacksepticeye.

What a fucking coup and the exposure brought in by his 20 million+ YouTube subscribers will certainly get eyes on us.

Dunno how good at centre-half he is right enough.

Hear he's getting announced with PewDiePie (a massive right winger) tomorrow.

(Bit of satire for all you millennial types out there, get a fucking job. ;) )

Daithi De Nogla and H2O Delirious on their way too I hear.

8 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'm not in the know when it comes to players. Can I join the ITK club? Its offical that's why I posted it. 

It's not official yet... it's not been announced by the club unless our official press release source is now the Irish Examiner.

It's nothing to do with being in some 'ITK club' either, a quick scan one single page back the way would have shown that the link you posted was already posted and there had been some discussion about the player.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's not official yet... it's not been announced by the club unless our official press release source is now the Irish Examiner.

It's nothing to do with being in some 'ITK club' either, a quick scan one single page back the way would have shown that the link you posted was already posted and there had been some discussion about the player.

Remember it takes a wee while to reach the islands.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just seen it in a local paper someone posted on BAWA. Never even read you had named him to be honest. Div posting McAllister flew out with Derby's under 21's today so he wont be here next week. 

4 hours ago, btb said:

Killie only survived their first season up becaue they beat a 2nd string Rangers team who had just clinched the league in their previous match, throw in the overspending that took them to £12M in debt - they've ridden their luck over the years.

Similar comments re Well

22 hours ago, Drooper said:

This time last year we had enlisted half a squad of Stubbs' duff jobbers, and were debating the merits of Kenny Miller signing for us.

For me, despite the glaring deficiencies in our current squad, we are still in a better position now than we were back then (albeit I am saying this with the benefit of hindsight).

It was always likely to be another tough season, such is the market we are operating in. As things stand, there is still scope for us to add a sprinkling of decent additions to the squad, so let's just have a bit of patience and assume that Jim and others at the club know what is required and are busting a gut to get them in.

Better not to sign then to sign shite 

Bit harsh to blame the younger fans for all the knickerwetting. Most of the nastiest and pathetic vitriol I've seen, especially on Twitter, has been from middle aged men.
Eta- and B&W army is now basically only seething middle aged men, and it's an absolute cesspit. 
Now?

Actually, yeah, doesn't change much. Points totals adjusted below for 3 point wins. Figures in brackets show the points gain over the team immediately below. Top six are slightly more spread out, but not as much as I was expecting. Big winners were Bankies who would have overtaken Ayr (though I've left them where they were on the below for clarity.)
Raith 90 (+4)
Killie 75 (-1)
Pars 74 (+1)
Saints 72 (+2)
Accies 69 (=)
Ton 67 (+7)
Ayr 60 (-1)
Bankies 61 (+2)
Sons 52 (+4)
Stirling Albion 46 (=)
Meadowbank 43 (+8)
Beath 16 
(It's pishing down and I had lunch at my desk so this filled a few minutes!)

We lost our last game at home to Cowdenbeath with a weakened side as promotion was by then impossible due to goal difference.

A win would have made it appear even closer.

6 hours ago, GAD said:

Bit harsh to blame the younger fans for all the knickerwetting. Most of the nastiest and pathetic vitriol I've seen, especially on Twitter, has been from middle aged men.

Eta- and B&W army is now basically only seething middle aged men, and it's an absolute cesspit. 

Being an arsehole has no correlation with age.

We have arseholes at every age group.

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not sure i'm comfortable with this version of the Killie boys emoji50.png.

Like all football fans as soon as we win a couple of games we'll be back to normal form.

If we beat Sevco on Sunday I'll be #TB4'd out my nut on here next week.  At the moment though trying to keep a low profile.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

The only thing we've brought this summer is embarrassment. 

I disagree.

That fucking dullard in your support (their name escapes me) who claimed to have spent a whole weekend booking a trip to Belgrade, only for you to be papped out by the welsh club, provided much humour.

Haven't seen him/her/it on here for a while though.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I disagree.

That fucking dullard in your support (their name escapes me) who claimed to have spent a whole weekend booking a trip to Belgrade, only for you to be papped out by the welsh club, provided much humour.

Generally speaking something embarrassing for one can be amusing to another.

He'll be en route surely

I disagree.