IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

Killie drew with Aberdeen today with the replay taking place on the 13th of March - the day we were due to play Killie.

Another postponement :lol:

ETA: This would, however, free up that night for the St Johnstone game, although they play Hibs the following Friday. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killie drew with Aberdeen today with the replay taking place on the 13th of March - the day we were due to play Killie.
ETA: This would, however, free up that night for the St Johnstone game, although they play Hibs the following Friday. 

What a tin pot club Kilmarnock are, we would have took 2,500+ to this, I know some fans that had already left for the ground. Hopefully they get relegated they’ve done themselves out of so much money now !!!1!! [emoji108]

50 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Disgusting from Killie.  

16,000+ I heard we were gonna take to that one.

I've just noticed that the SPFL are seemingly happy to let next Tuesday go by without St J vs Accies being played, which leaves you with two games (St Johnstone away and Kilmarnock at home) and zero available match days to play them on...

10th March - Well (H)

13th March - no fixture, St J available to play

17th March - County (A)

20th March - international break

24th March - international break

27th March - international break

31st March - Killie (A)

3rd April - Hibs (A)

8th April - Celtic (H)

End of split

14th April - Scottish Cup semi final weekend

Is there a precedent for playing top flight league football during the international break? Otherwise I can't see what they're going to do. Leaving it until semi final weekend could be extremely risky if one of Kilmarnock and/or St Johnstone need points to determine which half of the split they'll be in, not to mention the fact that Killie could well be preoccupied on that weekend with a semi final.

I knew that, that's not my point. :lol: 

Are you not at all hacked off that you could end up having to play 4 times in a week while trying to stay up, because of a ridiculous winter break that took two perfectly good weeks out of the Scottish football calendar?

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

I want to play on the international break. Couldn’t give a toss about the National team.

By good fortune, they couldn't seem to give a toss about Accies either.

However, FIFA states that: "Friendly matches on fixed/set dates These matches take priority over matches in a national championship. In other words, matches in the national championship or cup competition should not be arranged on one of the fixed/set dates."

Depends on how strict the "should" is, I guess they could make an exception but I can't remember it happening very often if at all.

13 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

No British or right wing enough?

No. 

A lot of Accies fans I have spoken to share this view however it looks unlikely to happen because Lewis Ferguson is most likely gonna get a call up with the Scotland U21s.

Also I have a lot more in common with supporters of Hamilton Accies than I do with the tartan army.

I do enjoy going to watch the National team, however I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I do after an Accies defeat compared to a Scotland one.

So yeah. Definitely a club over country person.

I mean if you were to compare Griffiths scoring to put Scotland 2-1 up against Tony Andreu scoring his 90th minute equaliser (on aggregate), it really isn't a contest for me.

That game will be with me forever.

Scotland games just won't ever reach THAT level of celebrations for me. 

On the official site concerning admission arrangements for the visit of the tramps I notice that the club are advising fans to retain there ticket stubs as these may be required to purchase tickets for the Sellick game. Good to see the club actually trying to do something about the problem of the unwashed being in our end. Won't please everyone I assume but at least it's an effort to address the issue.

I don’t have issues with old firm fans buying tickets for our end. We are never going to sell out our end and the club can’t turn down the money.

It’s the ones that openly celebrate/goad accies fans when they take the lead or equalise while the stewards do nothing. The recent issue with the **** being a perfect example.

Agree. If you're going to sit in the away end have some manners and sit on your hands. That hawfwitted middle aged couple last time that got chucked out with their kids were the worst kind of stereotypical scummy old firm fans.

Good to see Ronnie sticking by his word though and doing something serious to  try and stop it. 

I think we all have our opinions about Canning, the old he's like marmite adage is very prevelant when I try to make a defining opinion on him, but throwing our opinions aside I have total admiration for the man, his post match interviews are very truthful and blatantly frank, his conviction in standing by his principles and beliefs in his managerial career have stood him in good stead, if he retains our Premiership status come the end of the season he will have achieved above what anyone could realistically have expected.

Fair fucks to Canning. Our squad is paper thin due to injuries, suspensions and the January transfer window but two wins in a row for the first time this season.
We are still right in the relegation mix, but if we can keep Templeton fit and motivated then we have every chance of making the play offs at least.
Crawford due back soon too. If we can get the "Crawford that actually gives a fck" back, then he'll be another welcome asset for us staying up. Hopefully the goal big cone with a Flake scored today has given him a confidence boost.

Archived