Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Staggie_93 said:

Naive from Rodgers

Should just end there and apply it to every game he plays against good opposition. He's fucking terrible defensively against good sides. Honestly think a Deila team would give a better game against the likes of PSG and Bayern.

Just now, Randy Giles said:

Do you recognize Arsenal's invincible season btw?

Going through a league season unbeaten even against great sides with world-class players and a similar/superior budget IS an achievement.

Being unbeaten for however-many-games-it-is-now against teams who you have a massive advantage of finance and resources over is no achievement at all. It is like someone with two fully functioning legs running a race were all other competitors either have one leg or no legs, and then lauding the fact that the other competitors in the race lack the ability to beat them as some sort of achievement and a reflection of superiority.

Hope everyone remembers the reason for this result is their teams don’t try hard enough domestically and towns like Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Motherwell should be striving for a 3,000,000 population and an oil rich gazillionaire each.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Going through a league season unbeaten even against great sides with world-class players and a similar/superior budget IS an achievement.

Totally irrelevant to my point but go right ahead.

It was called an invincible season because they went a league season unbeaten. Moving goalposts just makes people look petty as f**k. Whether it's easy or not shouldn't be coming into the equation and I'd if you're willing to recognize Arsenal's achievement, you should be willing to recognize Celtic's.

2 minutes ago, McQuade said:

That actually is not bad, Bayern aren't out of 2nd gear.

These games are freebies for Celtic, it's all about 3rd place.

So you'd have thought Rodgers might have put out a defensive team to protect the goal difference.

As much as I'm wanting Celtic to get pumped tonight because Magee is an arsehole they've done away ok here but ultimately Bayern are on a different planet.

Unreal experience for Tierney again, when you think of the players he's played against at 20 nothing will ever faze him again which is great for Scotland. As is Armstrong and Griffiths getting games like this.

4-0 I think.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

So you'd have thought Rodgers might have put out a defensive team to protect the goal difference.

Rodgers would have to be able to put out a defensive team to be able to do that. He's not remotely capable of doing so though.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Totally irrelevant to my point but go right ahead.

It was called an invincible season because they went a league season unbeaten. Moving goalposts just makes people look petty as f**k. Whether it's easy or not shouldn't be coming into the equation and I'd if you're willing to recognize Arsenal's achievement, you should be willing to recognize Celtic's.

Nevermind, I have been awake for about 30 hours and have reached the point were I am typing irrelevant shite. Some would argue that I am always at that point though.

P.S. my refusal to acknowledge Celtic's "achievement" still stands.

Archived