Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

Another masterclass in hide and seek from ‘big game player’ Scott Brown.  It says a lot for the state of the national side when this charlatan is allowed to pick and choose when he plays as if it’s a game of fives with his mates.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As much as I'm wanting Celtic to get pumped tonight because Magee is an arsehole they've done away ok here but ultimately Bayern are on a different planet.

Unreal experience for Tierney again, when you think of the players he's played against at 20 nothing will ever faze him again which is great for Scotland. As is Armstrong and Griffiths getting games like this.

4-0 I think.

On what planet have they done okay? They've been utterly pumped so far. They're lucky it's less than 5 at the moment

Just now, McQuade said:

No.

Its us v andelect

So it is.  I misread the rules.  I read 'the teams in question' as the whole group.  Rather than... the teams in question.

Article 17 Equality of points – group stage 17.01

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

a. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

d. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

6 minutes ago, McQuade said:

That actually is not bad, Bayern aren't out of 2nd gear.

These games are freebies for Celtic, it's all about 3rd place.

World class manager, £40m superstar......

Should do better.

Just now, Louis Litt said:

On what planet have they done okay? They've been utterly pumped so far. They're lucky it's less than 5 at the moment

Aye, I'd say that as well. Defensively horrific and Bayern should be kicking themselves that they haven't matched PSG's score against Celtic already. Celtic are there for the taking.

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

and I'd if you're willing to recognize Arsenal's achievement, you should be willing to recognize Celtic's.

Why? Because you say so? He's told you why he doesn't recognise it. It's you who seems to be struggling with it. Bit like your team tonight really. 

Anyway, back to tonight. It's great isn't it?

Never mind, you can ignore Bayern's achievement tonight and get back to enjoying (or should that be recognising) Celtic's great achievement at the weekend. 

Just now, Trackdaybob said:

Why? Because you say so? He's told you why he doesn't recognise it. It's you who seems to be struggling with it. Bit like your team tonight really.

They're not my team. I'm just not a petty fuckwit who feels the need to downplay achievements because I dislike a team.

2 minutes ago, McQuade said:

You should thank him, the breadcrumbs we fed to you from our games kept your lights on.

Nae sevco, nae telly deal.

We kept Scottish footballs lights on.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

They're not my team.

Fair enough.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm just not a petty fuckwit who feels the need to downplay achievements because I dislike a team.

Well he clearly is. I don't give it much thought if I'm honest, even if I kinda agree ;) 

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

They're not my team. I'm just not a petty fuckwit who feels the need to downplay achievements because I dislike a team.

You're a hulkamaniac, get him telt.

13 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Whether it's easy or not shouldn't be coming into the equation 

Why shouldn't the ease or difficulty of an "achievement" come into the equation? If I was to stand on top of a molehill, would you hold me in the same esteem as someone who stands on top of Mount Everest?

Of course standing on a molehill is ALOT easier than climbing Mount Everest, but by your logic it would be the same level of achievement.

Archived