Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thekorean said:

Russian fans do monkey chants at black players, Spanish fans do monkey chants at players, French fans do monkey chants at players.

But racism is clearly the problem unique to Unionists.

So the bedsheet is fine then? Other than making excuses to a point that hasn't been made I can't see a point to your post.

Tbf you can't say the bedsheet is linked to Linfield as I'm given to understand the troglodytes in NI burn Celtic themed stuff every year, not just when we're visiting. Not sure if that extends to Celtic player themed racism but the very talented Scott Sinclair seems to be getting more racial abuse than most black players we've had for some reason.

Everyone likes bananas.

I'm not sure that 100% accurate. However, I've yet to meet someone who dislikes bananas.

ETA; its got me thinking, I wonder if Prince William of Orange liked bananas? Perhaps one of our resident Irish historians could clarify.

10 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I'm not sure that 100% accurate. However, I've yet to meet someone who dislikes bananas.

ETA; its got me thinking, I wonder if Prince William of Orange liked bananas? Perhaps one of our resident Irish historians could clarify.

He preferred the plantain of Ulster.

44 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Russian fans do monkey chants at black players, Spanish fans do monkey chants at players, French fans do monkey chants at players.

Clear whataboutary and generalisation over people from certain countries. 

1 hour ago, thekorean said:

32 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Clear whataboutary and generalisation over people from certain countries. 

Think this the worse case whataboutary I have found on here and that is saying something.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

I have family who live not too far from the battlefield, lovely part of the world and the Battle of the Boyne Visitor Centre is well worth the 5 euros.  If I ever go back, I'll ask about whether or not Bill had a fondness for bananas.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

So the bedsheet is fine then? Other than making excuses to a point that hasn't been made I can't see a point to your post.

Tbf you can't say the bedsheet is linked to Linfield as I'm given to understand the troglodytes in NI burn Celtic themed stuff every year, not just when we're visiting. Not sure if that extends to Celtic player themed racism but the very talented Scott Sinclair seems to be getting more racial abuse than most black players we've had for some reason.

Of course racism in unacceptable. I am not here for Unionism equals racism talks though. Know a lot of decent lots.

4 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Of course racism in unacceptable. I am not here for Unionism equals racism talks though. Know a lot of decent lots.

I don't think anyone has claimed that everyone in the Unionist/Loyalist community is a racist.  It would be daft and offensive if one were to suggest that.

55 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I don't think anyone has claimed that everyone in the Unionist/Loyalist community is a racist.  It would be daft and offensive if one were to suggest that.

There are those who make similar insinuations though.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Think this the worse case whataboutary I have found on here and that is saying something.

Its rare to find supporters of a football club or organisation who will condemn fellow supporters for being utter morons absolutely regardless of the level of fuckwittery involved. 

4 hours ago, thekorean said:

Russian fans do monkey chants at black players, Spanish fans do monkey chants at players, French fans do monkey chants at players.celtic fans do monkey chants to black players 

Ftfy

Archived