Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

As much as a powder keg game this seems to be the game at Celtic park could be just as bad as I've heard on the grapevine of plenty of the Ibrox contingent going along and that doesn't sound good immaterial of what the result will be on Friday.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see the extending of an olive branch...

scottsinclair.png.2a058e686abb977c12282292cf7a316a.png

AFJ can say what he wants but just look at the numbers that will be involved in events like this this week in Belfast. All unionists, bonfires, marching, singing the lot. All of them will be Linfield/Rangers fans. This isn't a minority element.

6 hours ago, The OP said:

I find it contradictory to hope not many Celtic supporters will turn up but to obtain a ticket in the home end for a Celtic supporter. Particularly if you anticipate there will be a worse element in your support than there would be for the average game. I was going to bury the hatchet and ignore this until the veeeery slowly chat. I'll have you know I'm clever as f**k like.

Hopefully your pet tim can go under the radar and doesn't face any bother. I personally would rather just watch a game on the TV rather than having to hold my tongue so I don't get battered, but horses for courses.

I just don't get the contradiction. Someone I know will be with two fairly well known Linfield fans and I'm sure he will be fine, plus I know he won't cause trouble. However, loads of strangers infiltrating the home support is a recipe for disaster. Calling him a pet Tim is a bit sad - he just wants to see the game. He has been at Windsor Park before on a day when we both wanted to see a game, and the roles have been reversed.

5 hours ago, wingnut said:

As much as a powder keg game this seems to be the game at Celtic park could be just as bad as I've heard on the grapevine of plenty of the Ibrox contingent going along and that doesn't sound good immaterial of what the result will be on Friday.

Plenty? We have taken 1,500 and they are available to season ticket holders and members ONLY. No doubt one or two will find their way into other people's hands, but mine is for me and me alone.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

AFJ can say what he wants but just look at the numbers that will be involved in events like this this week in Belfast. All unionists, bonfires, marching, singing the lot. All of them will be Linfield/Rangers fans. This isn't a minority element.

I can, and I will say just this. Those involved in the events may all indeed be unionists, but not all unionists will be involved in the events. I would also hazard a guess that a very large percentage have never been to an IL game.

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

Do you like bananas too?

Russian fans do monkey chants at black players, Spanish fans do monkey chants at players, French fans do monkey chants at players.

But racism is clearly the problem unique to Unionists.

Archived