Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The OP said:

Och, not particularly bothered about which minnow we face but Linfield going out after all the fuss would be hilarious.

If Linfield do go through to play us, 16 goals in 90 minutes would be quite funny. Never going to happen but would be funny as fook all the same. :lol:

Over 4,000 there, with poor ticketing arrangements in place pre-match. The new turnstiles mean tickets have to be scanned to allow admission, so no cash gates to ease the crowd that was queued back several hundred yards, (luckily my mate got ours the day before from the club shop as some fans missed up to 15 minutes of the first half). Think the Blues were estimating under 3,000 for a team for San Marino. A doughty defensive show from La Fiorita but I reckon we'll beat them out there as they need to come out and score.

Hope we improve things if/when Celtic come calling.

Linfield it is then.

I generally like to see the Irish and Welsh sides do as well as they can in Europe but tonight I was hoping the Sammarinese mob would go through tonight just so we could avoid the shite that'll no doubt come with us playing Linfield.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Linfield now carry the hopes of millions now.

Dont let us down.

500 million Rangers fans worldwide will be happy to be still in Europe after seeing their "B" team getting pumped tonight and not only that?, they have been promoted into the Champions League and now face their greatest rivals. :lol:

3 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Linfield it is then.

I generally like to see the Irish and Welsh sides do as well as they can in Europe but tonight I was hoping the Sammarinese mob would go through tonight just so we could avoid the shite that'll no doubt come with us playing Linfield.

Bit unfair that the Gers have two teams in Europe.

Brexit should mean Breakfast.

North Stand tickets will be available through Ticketmaster and will go on sale at 10am on Friday, priced at £30 for adults and £20 concession.

Purchases of these tickets will be restricted to four tickets per person and can only be made using a credit or debit card.

The club has reiterated that no tickets will be sold to Celtic fans, and any who arrive at the stadium on July 14 will be refused admission.

4 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Neutral zone at £30 a ticket on sale tomorrow?

Neutral zone?

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:35, Glenconner said:

Neutral zone at £30 a ticket on sale tomorrow?

For sale to BT postcodes only, although that is a mistake IMO as there are one or two of the, "Aggrieved" living in that area whereas I, who have not had a BT postcode since 1989, am having to call in a favour, despite kicking back with the baws out in the San Marino are for the last five days.

Incidentally, if Linfield perform as they did in Dan Marino then we will get horsed by an embarrassing score. We were the better team, just, but it was miles short of what I would hope for, and akin to being the tallest dwarf.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:27, Kneetrembler said:

Do the Diddy teams still get hunners o money if you get in champions league groups?

As far as IL finances go, we got a huge payday just for getting this far. A drop in the ocean to many, but vital to the Blues.

Already seeing Celtic fans on twitter saying they have tickets, both Scots and from Northern Ireland, presumably bought by people with 'BT' postcodes.

I remember going down to Manchester last year and getting locals to buy tickets for our game with City, we ended up with about 20 home end tickets on our bus that night to go with the eight tickets we got for Celtic section from the affiliation. There were easily 5000 Celtic fans dotted about the home fans in the Etihad that night, one or two scenes of 'aggro' when we scored as well when a few of the locals got rather annoyed.

The, now very likely prospect of Belfast based and other Celtic fans being in with the Linfield support is not going to end well here. Ironically the decision to NOT accept the suggested circa 5000 tickets may have contributed to an even bigger problem.

Archived