Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

15 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Poor result. Hoping we can score over there. I have the fear :( 

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

Well, that's me got the fear for next weeks game.

f**k sake.

Let's form a support group :( 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The OP said:

Celtic drew 1-1 away to Manchester City and Borussia Monchengladbach last season. Both of those results would see us through. Dembele played more games than all but two of the Celtic squad last season. Given that your first two points were crap I would guess that your third point is a myth and the fact is that Scottish clubs are only of a slightly better standard than Linfield, who we swept aside easily home and away, rather than everyone would draw 0-0 with us with a different referee.

On the referee he was pretty shite, very fussy and not inclined to let the game flow. It felt like Rosenborg were constantly getting away with time wasting but that might just be my perception. 

Celtic were toothless. We always have more injuries in these qualifiers because they happen during pre-season but we really need another striker. Rogic was definitely not a centre forward and the ball kept going wide for the wingers and full backs to aim at no-one. I also think Paddy Roberts could've helped us cut through Rosenborg's rope-a-dope play with his dribbling and passing. I still think there's a good chance we'll go through as Rosenborg have to try and win the second leg and so probably won't play so much on the break.  

Points taken, just thought Dembele had missed more than that. I do hope all Scottish teams make it through for all our sakes although you can surely get the hint of jealousy from fans of the others not just for the refereeing advantages historically, but nowadays the shedloads of money accrued from participation in the CL.

Ive always felt that Scandinavian teams are rarely intimidated by anyone, regardless of reputation, and because of that are difficult to beat. Celtic should not be relying on loan players from English teams either, they have more than enough money to get their own players.

4 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

So you'd rather we have no teams at that level? As much as I would love to see it I very much doubt Aberdeen will make it any time soon.

If it's the OF or nobody, then obviously nobody is far better.  

If it's the OF or nobody, then obviously nobody is far better.  

I'm sorry to have to do it like this, Monkey Tennis. I know we had some good times but I can't do this anymore.

We'll always have the Celtic in Europe - 17/18 thread.

I'll see you around, maybe.

I like seeing Scottish internationals compete at the top level. I still laugh at the old firm being put out by diddies but I'd be lying if I said I wished for it.

Don't really know what difference it makes to queen of the south tbh

13 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I like seeing Scottish internationals compete at the top level. I still laugh at the old firm being put out by diddies but I'd be lying if I said I wished for it.

Don't really know what difference it makes to queen of the south tbh

I hadn't realised everything had to be viewed in terms of direct impact on our own clubs.

My mistake.

Not surprised to see MT as arrogant as ever.
"Everyone should look at this the same way as I do."

He's fucking tedious in the extreme.

One thing non-OF and OF fans can unite on. Monkey Tennis is arguably the most tedious poster on the site.

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I hadn't realised everything had to be viewed in terms of direct impact on our own clubs.

My mistake.

So you'd rather see the whole of Scottish football come down to your clubs level? And then less clubs play in Europe and more cash gone out of the game from sponsors ever increasing our games demise just because you hate the OF.

You'd be peddling the same shit if it were two other Scottish clubs dominating our game. I'd rather the whole game got far better with more clubs competing at the highest level increasing our reputation and sponsorship potential. Get a grip and find a new mantra that is better for the whole game ffs.

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

So you'd rather see the whole of Scottish football come down to your clubs level? And then less clubs play in Europe and more cash gone out of the game from sponsors ever increasing our games demise just because you hate the OF.

You'd be peddling the same shit if it were two other Scottish clubs dominating our game. I'd rather the whole game got far better with more clubs competing at the highest level increasing our reputation and sponsorship potential. Get a grip and find a new mantra that is better for the whole game ffs.

Where on earth did I say anything that could lead to the conclusion you've reached in your first sentence?

The cash that goes in is not well spread out.

It's incredible when you think about it:  I'm suggesting that it's not great for competition to give our already strongest, richest club an extra £20m.  Somehow, this makes me the idiot.

Extraordinary.

If Celtic go through tomorrow night it will guarantee European footie til at lease Christmas that's good enough for me 
Plenty of fans on here think it's all about the dosh for me i couldn't care less,Celtic are a very stable club 
Weather we make 10 million from the Europa cup or over 20 million from the champions league i couldn't give a feck
For me it's about playing against teams from a higher standard than our domestic opponents, giving the players we have a chance to shine on a bigger stage
Our manager has got Celtic playing at a higher level it's time to find that level.

To be honest I think EL is more our level and we'd have a better crack at making it out of the groups and maybe even negotiating a knock out or two but the problem is that the enthusiasm and feelgood factor wouldn't be there. I enjoyed the wee Europa run under Deila where we had Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb and Astra (perhaps mainly because a Thursday 8pm kick off is good) but the top tier was shut and the atmosphere was generally flat until we drew Inter in the last 32. 

Archived